JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Preschoolers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f118-moms-preschoolers/)
-   -   Does your preschooler (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f118-moms-preschoolers/2692393-does-your-preschooler.html)

i:heart:you November 14th, 2013 01:58 PM

Does your preschooler

Still have a lovey/security blanket?

BM2SM2 January 12th, 2014 09:58 AM

Re: Does your preschooler

My son is 5. He got his "ganky" when he was 5days old. At a very young age (a few months old), he was attached to that particular blanket, he would cry until he was swaddled in it, wrapped in it, covered in it or touching it. We've finally managed to get him to keep it in his bedroom (more for fear of it getting left behind or lost, and of course germs). He will panic if it is misplaced and not in his bed. Won't sleep without it, will only let you give him a bath (washer) if he puts it in, and ganky must not be washed with scented anything. He hates for it to smell "different/weird".
I don't see anything wrong with them having something that soothes them or that they find comfort in, as long as it doesn't interfere with normal day to day living. My daughter had hers until she was 13. When she went for sleepovers she would take her own pillow and hide her blanket in her pillowcase. She lost it one day and now only has "bear" which she's also had since birth. Bear goes for sleepovers too, but she doesn't hide him lol.

patchscraps January 13th, 2014 07:43 PM

My son is 5 and has a blanket that he still sleeps with every night. He used to need to carry it around everywhere but as he got older he doesn't need it with him every second any more. I am not worried about him having a blanket still.

His sister who is 2 also has a blanket and a stuffed animal that she takes everywhere.

And I also had a blanket when I was little too.

FamilyShorty January 27th, 2014 05:47 PM

She has a blanket but but isn't that attached to it.

MommyC2010 January 30th, 2014 12:56 AM

She goes through phases of what she's obsessed with. She has 2 particular blankets she loves and then 2 at a time she will be attached to stuffed animals lol. Thankfully small ones!

Beth78 April 18th, 2014 03:35 AM

Not exactly. But he has a Winnie The Pooh soft toy that has been with him since the past 4 years! And he simply can't fall asleep without it...

rachelc0 April 21st, 2014 10:27 AM

no, but he never really did. Kale has a stuffed alligator that is probably his favorite stuffed friend, but it doesn't go everywhere with him and there are nights that he doesn't sleep with it.

New_England_Girl May 9th, 2014 05:51 PM

Joel (almost 5) has a little blanket with a monkey's head and arms attached to it, which he has had since birth. He still sleeps with it and takes it along if he thinks he'll get tired while we're out. He calls it Monk.