JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Teens and Preteens (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/)
-   -   It's official!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/2526990-its-official.html)

mamma_anna May 14th, 2012 12:55 PM

It's official!!

I am now the proud (and very nervous) parent of an independent teen driver!!! :eek: :bitenail:
Meagan aced her driving test and got her license on Thursday. I'm letting her drive her sisters home from school for the first time today.

EVERYONE STAY OFF THE ROAD!! I'm really working on that whole "not freaking out" thing. Really, I am. Can't you tell? :D

Are you/will you be a nervous wreck about your teens driving? What, if anything would freak you out most? Their first date? Going off to college?

wefrogy May 14th, 2012 06:55 PM

Re: It's official!!

Congrats to Meagan! Breathe mom breathe

CBTECH May 16th, 2012 03:20 PM

Congratulations to Meagan! (and to the one[s] who taught her well)

You'll be fine. Kristi started driving in February and I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck, but I was the complete opposite. DH took her driving the first time out and I've never had a fear of driving with her, nor putting any of the kids in the car while she's driving.

That's not to say I won't be a nervous wreck when any of the other start driving. Probably more of a wreck when Melanie starts...cuz that means they'll all have grown up :(

Laurentina April 12th, 2013 01:26 PM

This is really nice. Now you will have someone who could help you with the second kid just have faith in your daughter and don't worry because in other case you will call the bad things happen. Think positive and everything will be just fine.

8forus April 19th, 2013 12:00 PM

I'm still nervous lol We currently have 5 kid drivers + my niece and 3 of them make me nervous (24, 20, 17) while the other 3 are absolute dreams (21, 21, 19) and I never worry about how they will drive or handle a situation.

MumToAgnes May 23rd, 2013 07:52 PM

I will be freaked as well! I got in several accidents in my first couple of years driving, and I fear that for my daughter. No one taught me to drive, though, I had to just figure it out, so hopefully being taught will give her better odds!

Jaidynsmum May 27th, 2013 06:01 AM

Elijah shows no interest in learning to drive, so that's fine by me :lol:

*Kiliki* June 5th, 2013 10:12 AM

I am so not ready for the day Raianna starts driving....my dh is trying to convince me to let Raianna to get her cinderella licence when she is 14 (rural driving to and from school) but I keep telling him there is no point...she would not be allowed to take her sisters to and from school and the bus picks her up right in front of the house LOL...she can wait til she is 16 like a normal teenager! HA!