JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Teens and Preteens (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/)
-   -   Teenage daughter having staining issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/2620399-teenage-daughter-having-staining-issues.html)

jade44 January 30th, 2013 09:21 PM

Teenage daughter having staining issues

My teen daughter is into swimming and various other sports.:bluecheer: But when she has her periods she is very dull,and slow in her work.She prefers sleeping it off:sleepy: If i ask her to be active instead of sleeping it of,she returns with stains in her pants. I do not want her life to be this way.Want to protect her from staining in public. Help:feedback:

Mom2Brendan February 5th, 2013 09:56 AM

Re: Teenage daughter having staining issues

I saw your post and thought maybe I could offer a suggestion is maybe she could use Cloth Pads the ones that are the comfy type ones that button/snap to the underwear.

That way while moving or laying around she's not staining herself.

Also,starting at her cycle change and after every change of under or any signs of stains she will have to presoak underwear/pants with peroxide then wash those clothes.

Jaidynsmum February 6th, 2013 01:43 AM

She could try using tampons for when she plays sports etc, that way she can still swim and won't need to worry.

bigsisteramanda February 18th, 2013 05:04 PM

I might not be a mommy but I can offer suggestion. When I start my cycle, I make sure I have enough pads or tampons with me to make sure I don't stain. I usually have an extra pair of panties with me just in case, my panties that I'm wearing have a stain. My stained underwear, I soak with peroxide to make sure, there is no marks. But my solution is to wear tampons to play sport, I usually used tampons when I was in cheerleading.

mom2more March 3rd, 2013 10:11 AM

I have never liked wearing tampons. I have tried various brands and sizes and just dislike them.

I found when my period is in its heavy stage I use the longer pads and always use the ones with wings. Maybe have her try that if she isn't into tampons yet.

yvee80 March 11th, 2013 10:29 AM

My teen has the same issue...where do you purchase cloth ones from? Also my teen is 13 and has not been introduced to tampons not sure how to introduce them to her as an option at some time???

Mom2Brendan March 13th, 2013 09:01 AM

lunapads.com
clothpadshop.com
kristinaclothpads.homestead.com
some can be found on amazon sites
You can even use the cloth pads while swimming.
I never liked tampons either even I tried them they felt to weird

reena67 June 5th, 2013 04:31 AM

If your daughter has staining issues i would recommend adira period panties.They have cute ones that a teen will like,and they have special ones for sport.They are cotton and comfy,and 100% stain free.My youngest daughter uses them,since she is also on the heavy flow side.She has a very good response to them.