JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Moms of Teens and Preteens (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/)
-   -   My 9 year old son starting puberty? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f38-moms-teens-and-preteens/2709330-my-9-year-old-son-starting-puberty.html)

RebeccaGallagher February 21st, 2014 11:07 AM

My 9 year old son starting puberty?

Hi,

I usually check in on my son when he is having a shower and sometimes help him wash if sometimes I think he is not getting was properly or well enough and even sometimes have a shower with him. This last time I was in the shower with him, I went to was off his smegma under his foreskin as he usually forgets and like me to do it anyway because I usually clean it better, so after cleaning his penis, I noticed he got an erection about a minute later but I had never really seen an erection on him before and so I asked him, 'Is this the first time your willy has been like this?' he said no and that it had been doing that for a few weeks now. Then I thought to myself, is he starting puberty because I also noticed that when he had that erection that his foreskin no longer completely covered the head of his penis as you could see the tip. So I asked him 'Do you want me to continue having showers with you' and he said yes because when I am there, he always tries to get washed properly and that he gets cleaner when I help him. So that got me thinking, at what age should I stop having showers with him, because I am alright still having showers with him now but I think I should probably stop when he is 12 or 13 because I know he usually has trouble cleaning under his foreskin. I also want to know whether my son has actually started puberty?

Thanks,
Rebecca :)

AsterSapphire February 22nd, 2014 04:35 AM

Re: My 9 year old son starting puberty?

I haven't needed to help my 9 year old son shower for about 2 years. I actually find it a little odd that he needs help at that age. I definitely wouldn't be helping wash her private parts. 12 or 13 is far too old to be stopping. I would teach him to wash better by himself.

sydneyrose March 3rd, 2014 08:21 PM

I personally feel 9 is too old to be helping him wash. I feel like he should know by now. A lot of males have sexual urges now before 12. I'd consider maybe weaning your help and having him do it himself.

MotherOf2Teenagers July 14th, 2014 11:38 AM

That's early but it happens!

tcorbs September 30th, 2015 10:17 AM

I wouldn't be showering with him at his age, and no 9 is not too early to start puberty. My daughter started having her period at 10.

Shaun Parson December 15th, 2015 05:02 PM

i don't think think its appropriate for you to take showers with him,and or clean his area hes gotta learn to clean it himself, if he cant there circumcise to make it easier,you can teach/show him, but scrub his penis head,he was aroused at something you shouldn't be aroused at