JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth Information and Articles of Interest (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f372-natural-childbirth-information-and-articles-interest/)
-   -   Some articles on ultrasound safety (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f372-natural-childbirth-information-and-articles-interest/1598372-some-articles-ultrasound-safety.html)

moon~maiden June 14th, 2009 05:50 PM

Some articles on ultrasound safety

give frequent ultrasounds a second thought....

Belly Up - Ultrasound

Ultrasound: More Harm than Good? - by Marsden Wagner

Ultrasound - More powerful, more dangerous, more unethical

Ultrasound Scans- cause for concern

Ultrasound: Weighing the Propaganda Against the Facts - by Beverley Lawrence Beech

Weighing the Risks: What You Should Know about Ultrasound | mothering

CRESCENT WOMB CARE AND BIRTH-RITE SEMINARS – Ultrasound Technology

Primal Health

moon~maiden March 22nd, 2010 05:51 PM

Re: Some articles on untrasound safety

Ultrasound may effect fetal brains: study

The Dangers of Prenatal Ultrasound

Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase in Autism - by Caroline Rodgers

BobbityBoo February 8th, 2011 10:37 AM

Re: Some articles on ultrasound safety

Case-control study of prenatal ultrasonography exposure in children with delayed speech.

krissy1989 September 2nd, 2013 05:07 AM

I found this incredibly interesting! I had a much higher than normal rate of ultrasounds with my first born because of first-trimester spotting, and because I believed it was safe. I had I think 8 or 9 ultrasounds total throughout my pregnancy (including the 30-minute 3D/4D one you pay for) and my son has had a huge speech delay. He is now in speech therapy at 3.5 years old, and is finally on the level of a 2.5 year old. I thank the Divine that this is his ONLY issue; he is otherwise extremely intelligent and above his peers in other ways. I always wondered if that many ultrasounds were good for a baby. I had blamed vaccinations for his speech delay, and stopped vaccinating him completely at 15 months old.

With my second son, I only had I think 3 ultrasounds total, and DID NOT pay for the 30-minute ultrasound. He has also never been vaccinated, but for more reasons than just the fear of speech delay. His speech is above average.

Definitely makes a person wonder. I'm currently expecting again and plan to only have the initial ultrasound and the anatomy scan.

Earthy.Mama November 14th, 2013 05:31 AM

Multiple U/S with #1 (afp scan, false positive, Downs fear).

Then I read this thread so with...:

#2 just the 20wk scan and that was it.

With this one we'll only do the 20wk scan as well.