JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   natural childbirth stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f266-natural-childbirth-stories/)
-   -   Lily Claire's Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f266-natural-childbirth-stories/1181724-lily-claire-s-birth-story.html)

Twhylite21 August 6th, 2008 01:23 PM

On Sunday, 8/3/08, my best friend Diane came over to hang out. She has been attending Bradley method childbirth classes with me and along with my husband was to be my labor coach. I was joking during dinner that it'd be hilarious if after she left for home I went into labor and she had to drive back (about 30-45 minutes) that night.

So, Diane left around 10pm and I was hanging out with DH. I was eating some watermelon and got up to do the dishes when I felt like I peed my pants. So I went up to the bathroom and out came a bunch of fluid and bloody show. I still wasn't positive my water broke though. So, I just relaxed a bit and called Diane, who had just gotten back home!! She turned around and came back. She got here around 1130pm and we went for a walk around the neighborhood to see if we could get things going.

I started having contractions around 1230. They started out at every 7 minutes and progressed to every 4 minutes within an hour. I got into the shower just to help me relax and was really focused on abdominal breathing and staying calm. It wasn't painful...just felt like tons of pressure to me. By 330am they were coming every 2-3 minutes and lasting over 60 seconds. At that point I was getting nauseated and shaky so I thought maybe I was hitting transition.

We decided to head to the hospital at that point. The car ride was horrible!!! The freeway is undergoing construction and was full of bumps/pot holes!! We got to the hospital a little after 4am and got put into triage in L&D. They didn't check me until about 445 because they had so many people in. When they checked me I was 100% effaced, -2 station, but only 4cm dilated!!! I was just like "I have to be more than that!!".

I was still having contractions every 2 minutes roughly and they were lasting for over a minute at a time, so they admitted me into a room. They came back to check my progress at 630 and I was 9.5cm dilated! I remember saying "Thank God!". The nurse was like "Good thing you didn't want an epidural because it's too late now!"

I started to want to push around 7am but had a tiny bit of cervix left. So I laid on my side for a bit, which seemed to intensify the contractions but it made the lip of cervix disappear. At 7:15 I started to push when I felt the urge, which seemed really often. The pushing felt great for me, I was happy to be working with the contractions finally. Lily Claire was born at 7:51am! She started pooping the second she came out which was kind of funny.

She weighed 7lbs, 6oz. 19 3/4 inches long. Dark gray/slate colored eyes, dimples on both cheeks too! It was amazing! I was so happy I did it the way I wanted without an epidural or anything. I never even asked for meds at all, which I thought I might do. I just kept saying "I can't believe I did it!" afterwards.

I did have a minor tear that needed stitches, but that was it.

I'm so enthralled with my new baby girl!! DH is over the moon too!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...1/100_1445.jpg

ShaunaB August 6th, 2008 03:12 PM

Shelley, it's amazing to me that you are posting your story already! What an incredible testament to how great you feel after having a NCB. Lily's birth seemed to go really smoothly and easy. I'm so happy you got the NCB you wanted. Lily is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Bre+Will=Reid August 6th, 2008 03:51 PM

What a wonderful birth experience! Congrats mamma :wub:

mommydew August 7th, 2008 11:39 AM

Congrats on having such a wonderful birth and just the way you wanted! Lily is soo cute!

That is so funny because I also kept saying to my mom and DH right after having Alayna that I can't belive I did it!!

babyinbelly2009 August 10th, 2008 07:36 PM

great story you have such a pretty little girl! Congrats!

soImarriedAnerd August 12th, 2008 12:15 PM

Congrats mama!

littlebabydolly August 13th, 2008 07:13 PM

It sounds like you had a great labor! Congrats on your lovely baby girl.

Katty85 August 13th, 2008 09:53 PM

Thanks for shareing, your baby girl is georgiouse!

moon~maiden August 19th, 2008 06:42 PM

Congrats Shelley, you are amazing! Sounds like a picture perfect labor. And that picture is perfect too, what a peanut!

edited for overuse of the word amazing

thepinkleprechaun September 8th, 2008 03:24 PM

She's beautiful! And great birth story too, it sounds like you really had a good birth, I'm glad you got to do things the way you wanted!

Mars September 16th, 2008 01:44 PM

That was a really great story and everything seemed to have worked out well!! Congrats again on thebirth of your beautiful daughter!