JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   natural childbirth stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f266-natural-childbirth-stories/)
-   -   Dylan's Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f266-natural-childbirth-stories/246376-dylan-s-birth.html)

10x_A_Mommy July 8th, 2006 09:23 AM

I was due with my 3rd baby on Sept. 17th 2001 and had an OB appt. at 11 a.m. that day. Went to the appt., nothing exciting........I was dilated almost 2 (as I had been for several weeks already)............and the Dr. told me he would see me back in 1 week. So I went home all ticked off because no woman wants to hear "see you next week" when TODAY was your due date. So I went home, and sat on my bed watching t.v. and pouting over what the doc had said. At around 2 p.m. I reached over to grab a drink, and noticed my panties got wet. So I thought oh great I pee'd myself. Went to the bathroom, and couldn't pee. hmmmmm, i did this for 2 hours straight before finally thinking just maybe it could be my water leaking? (my water never broke on its own before then). So at 4pm i called the hospital and they said it could be my water, asked if i was having contrax and i said no, and she said i could come in and they'd check to see if it was my water. So i went ahead and started getting my 2 kids ready to take to my grandma's, took them over there and sat to visit for awhile, then got to the hospital at 6 p.m. Didn't even bring a bag with me cuz i just knew i was staying. Well they checked me for a water leak and said yep, it's your water. So then they checked the dilation and when they did, my water completely broke. Well me being me still wasn't convinced I was staying so I told them i was gonna go back home..........they said no way lol. Apparantly I was contracting 1 minute apart. Well i sure didn't feel them! I didn't actually feel the first contraction until around 10 p.m. that night. At which time i was stuck at 7 cm's and baby was posterior. So after rocking on my hands and knee's for about 45 minutes I told them I thought I had to push. The nurse didn't seem to think so and told me it would still be awhile. Well at 10:45 I told hubby to go get the doctor QUICK that the baby was coming out. So the doc casually walks in to see a head already delivered and he yelled at me to quit pushing. Well.........i WASN'T pushing, he was just coming!! So anyway, at 10:47 p.m. on Sept 17th 2001 Dylan Ross was born weighing 8 lbs 0 oz, 20 inches long. I had a very small tear that required 2 stitches, and was feeling great shortly after delivery and up walking around. The OB i had at that time seemed to be very against NCB and kept offering me pain meds because I was crying through contrax and that apparantly bothered him. He told me I was going to bother other patients and scare them. Well Hello Mr. Man..........childbirth aint easy ya know! ya it hurts and ya im gonna cry and scream if i want to but No i am not going to dope myself and my baby up just to please him and other patients. He was the last OB i've ever seen and I LOVE the CN Midwife I have now.

mrsdutch July 14th, 2006 06:58 AM

Im glad you had a great birth despite that awful doctor. I wish docs would listen to the mothers intuition a bit more