JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Support Sister Check-In and Sign-Up! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1340374-support-sister-check-and-sign-up.html)

Husher December 5th, 2008 08:13 AM

We've had quite a few new members and quite a few who no longer post here as much so I wanted to start a whole new Support Sister thread for everyone to let me know how it's going with your current Support Sister and for those of you who want one to request one.

Please let me know whether you'd like one or if you are happy with your current Support Sister. Please tell me who your SS is if you'd like to keep them so I can check my list to make sure it's still correct and up to date. If you're requesting one please tell us what you are looking for if there is anything specific.

This is a pairing between BTDT moms and expecting moms and TTC ladies. If you have any questions please just ask!

mgm78 December 5th, 2008 08:31 AM

I'd be in for signing up. I have no real family or mom to help me out and guide me, so the internet and my two best friends are my guides :D

AshleyMarie December 5th, 2008 09:16 AM

I keep in touch with Nikki (niknok) and make sure that she is doing okay! You are doing okay aren't you Nikki? :)

Now that I'm more than likely going to be switching to a BC I think that I might want a SS who has had a birth at one just so I know what kind of things to expect and how to prepare myself though!

oriel13 December 5th, 2008 09:32 AM

I'd be up for this too, even though I'm close to the end. Maybe I could be paired with someone who had NCB in a hospital/OB setting? That is where most of my anxiety comes from these days!

scatney December 5th, 2008 09:47 AM

I'd like one. I'm about to give brith at a BC and have been through NCB at a hospital before. I guess I could use a BTDT and could help a new mom.

~*~Stef~*~ December 5th, 2008 10:53 AM

I'd be interested in this. I'm a first time mom and it seems like ever since I committed myself to going natural that I've realized that it's going to take a lot more prep work than I had thought. Mainly mental (as far as confidence and education, I've added a few more books to my already growing baby/pregnancy book library at home) but also DH and I have just decided that it would be best for us to have a doula with us. Now I just have to find one. :-)

nvr.4.gtn December 5th, 2008 12:22 PM

add me!! I'm a second time mom, but my first was an OB/ induced/ epidural birth. i had no desire to go natural with it. Now I am going to a midwife and free standing BC.
My only request would be, either a BTDT mom or someone closer to my due date. Doesn't have to be the same month or anything, just within a few months of each other would be fine as well.

sillyp December 5th, 2008 02:14 PM

I'm paired up with Cheryl33 as my support sis and I love her! :) Can I keep her???

As far as anyone else that might need matched up, here's my scoop:
1st born induction full of interventions with OB at hospital, epidural
2nd NCB with family doc/ob (small town) at hospital
and expecting #3 right now, planning a NCB, water birth with midwife at hospital birthing center

niknok December 5th, 2008 05:06 PM

Ashley is my sis and she's fabulous!

LadyLuck December 5th, 2008 07:21 PM

I'd love a support sister!

I'm a BTDT mom who had my 1st naturally (water labor) at a BC w/ a midwife. This time I am delivering in a hospital w/ a dr and doula but still plan on going natural, obviously.

Christina(mommyof2) December 6th, 2008 04:16 AM

I'd love a SS, Im expecting my 1st

andi2284 December 6th, 2008 05:17 AM

My SS is Cheryl and I'm very happy with her! Providing everything goes as planned, once this baby is here, maybe I can be on the other end of it and be a SS.

Jennifer8080 December 6th, 2008 06:16 AM

PixieQueen and I have been reunited and are due a month apart so I'm good!

AshleyMarie December 6th, 2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Ashley is my sis and she's fabulous![/b]
:blush: Awwww thanks Nikki!!

Chrissiepoo December 6th, 2008 06:30 PM

I would love to have a support sister!
I do not have any really supportive family and all of my friends are out-of-state and childless!
It would be nice to talk to someone every once in a while, even if it's just a "Hey, how are you doing"? :)
I'm planning on a water birth or if that isn't possible, natural childbirth through other means at a birthing center so if my SS has birthing center experience that would be awesome :)

Kelllilee December 6th, 2008 09:10 PM

I'm good with my two. Especially now that Cheryl is TTC!! I sooooo hope we get pg together and go through it together :)

thanks for the reminder though, my other one is almost due and I need to send her some last minute encouragement

Husher December 7th, 2008 01:01 PM

Ok ladies. I promise I'll try to get everyone paired up this week so that everyone has someone! :bluecheer:

Christina(mommyof2) December 12th, 2008 07:14 PM

What Happened?

nvr.4.gtn December 13th, 2008 10:18 AM

all by ourselves.... lol

PixieQueen December 13th, 2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

PixieQueen and I have been reunited and are due a month apart so I'm good![/b]
I am SOOO excited! Yay!