JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   QOTD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1348293-qotd.html)

Husher December 11th, 2008 05:13 AM

Do you have any allergies? What kind? Do you have to take any medications for them?

DoulaMama December 11th, 2008 06:12 AM

I'm allergic to sunflowers, and any derrivatives- sunflower seeds, and especially sunflower oil! Which is especially annoying, b/c it is in practically everything these days. I get sick, my lips swell nad I usually vomit. I have a seperate condition thta often means I pass out when I vomit- so that is an especially bad one, b/c I could fall are really injure myself.

I'm allergic to bees, etc- I need the paramedics stat for that one. I do not carry an epi-pen, but I probably should.

I'm also allergic to grass- if I walk or sit on it w/out a barrier I get a rash, and when it is just cuT I get icky outdoor allergy symptoms- get stuffy, talk funny, etc.

moon~maiden December 11th, 2008 06:49 AM

wow Cheryl, summer must be awful for you!!

I have seasonal allergies and pet allergies, I used to take stuff for them but when I started drinking lots of water I stopped having to! It's amazing.

sillyp December 11th, 2008 06:52 AM

I'm allerigc to Penicillin and shellfish.
I prefer to stay away from shellfish because it makes me sick, too, but usually I can just take a double dose of bendryl if i accidentally eat something that had touched or been cooked with it.

Kelllilee December 11th, 2008 08:00 AM

no allergies. though i think I may be developing some. The area I live in EVERYONE eventually develops some kind of allergy.

mgm78 December 11th, 2008 09:21 AM

lots of allergies-- seasonal, environmental, contact allergies (i am allergic to most soaps, etc) I am off all meds now, fun fun. I am also allergic to Kiwi!!!!!

AshleyMarie December 11th, 2008 09:42 AM

I'm really just allergic to pollen, mostly grass pollen. It's gotten a lot better over the last 5 years or so, probably because I have been taking better care of myself. I used to have to take OTC allergy meds (the STRONG ones, that make you drowsy!) every day during spring and summer but now it's only on some rare occasions or if I'm going somewhere that has a lot of flowers or lots of freshly cut grass.

electriclids December 11th, 2008 09:43 AM

I have pretty nasty seasonal allergies. Springtime is yucky if I don't have OTC meds...
I also have some cat allergies, which I didn't really notice with the first 2 cats, but once we got the third... it kind of hit a little harder than I expected. lol! I guess it was the last straw. haha... they're pretty mild allergies though. I take a generic allergy pill everyday and feel pretty decent. I love my furbabies and it's worth having to take a pill :rolleyes:

New_England_Girl December 11th, 2008 10:32 AM

:( I'm sorry you all have such bad allergies.

I don't have any.

MamaBx3 December 11th, 2008 10:46 AM

Im allergic to the drug Sulfa.

ShaunaB December 11th, 2008 12:03 PM

I have no allergies at all, thank goodness. I hate being stuffed up.

Christina(mommyof2) December 11th, 2008 01:21 PM

Animal hair, mold, smoke, beans, beef, grass, penicillin , etc and no

DoulaMama December 11th, 2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

wow Cheryl, summer must be awful for you!!

I have seasonal allergies and pet allergies, I used to take stuff for them but when I started drinking lots of water I stopped having to! It's amazing.[/b]
It has never been too bad, I'm not very sporty/outdoors-ey. But next summer I'm going to have a garden- so the bees expecially worry me.

Katty85 December 11th, 2008 03:47 PM

No. I get hayfever in spring and when the grass is freshly cut but I don't thing that is an alergy?

PixieQueen December 11th, 2008 04:28 PM

Seasonal allergies, but they are pretty mild. I am also sensitive to grass. I don't take anything for it usually.

LadyInWaiting December 11th, 2008 08:41 PM

I am allergic to the drug singulair..LOL Beyond that I have an un diagnosable food allergy and out door allergies as well