JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   lurker finally introducing herself (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1368970-lurker-finally-introducing-herself.html)

M!che!!e December 28th, 2008 05:03 PM

hi everyone!

my name is michelle and i have lurked on and off on this board since i got pregnant. i am in the same ddc as meredith (mgm78) and she finally lured me over to post. i had a c-section after a 24 hour failed induction with dd and i knew coming into this pregnancy that i did not want another c-section. as i did research for my vbac i knew natural was the only way for me to go. i didn't have an epidural during my 24 hour labor and i know i can go without pain meds and with a prior c section i refuse to be induced again. for christmas dh bought me ina may's guide to childbirth and it was the most amazing read. after 3 years of thinking my body failed me i finally know my body isn't a lemon. i have finally came to peace with how my last labor came to be and i am excited to have this baby the way god and a woman's body intended, totally natural. i am high risk because i have lupus but it is in remission currently. i already decided to switch to a midwife if my peri won't allow me to labor how i choose...and in my heart i know the midwife is the only way to go.

i am excited to join you ladies and i can't wait to get to posting!

moon~maiden December 28th, 2008 05:19 PM

Hi, welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! Your daughter Lily is beautiful!

The Ina May book is so amazing. I felt like I was floating when I read it!

mgm78 December 28th, 2008 05:41 PM

Hi Michelle!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you finally got to read Ina May's book. It is such an incredible book.

Oh, and Michelle and I are the only two in our DDC that we know of who are planning NCB :(

M!che!!e December 29th, 2008 07:55 AM

^ yes we are, everyone plans on getting induced, repeat c section and an epidural.

thanks cheryl. i think she is a cutie too, and a big ham!

when i get back to georgia (currently in nyc staying with family for the holidays) i plan on getting spiritual midwifery. i enjoyed guide to childbirth so much i can't wait to read it.

and i just wanted to add, i was induced with dd because i was 12 days late with her. i will admit i begged my doctor to induce me earlier but he wouldn't.

mgm78 December 29th, 2008 08:21 AM

12 days late, i think is a good cause for induction. My friend was induced 14 days late and the baby started to show signs of distress, but my cousin was induced last monday as to not go into labor on Xmas (that is what the dr said, not her) she was 38 weeks. :(

DoulaMama December 29th, 2008 12:02 PM

but are you sure of your dates? B/c a failed induction at 41+5 is almost always wrong dates. LMP and U/S dating are usually the casues of bad dates.

I'm glad you're hear, and so glad you realize your body isn't a "lemon"! You can do it!!!!!

scatney December 29th, 2008 02:43 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Welcome to the group!!

Jennifer8080 December 29th, 2008 05:26 PM

Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Mars December 30th, 2008 07:03 AM

Welcome!! I hope that you will be able to get the birth you desire.

LadyLacy December 30th, 2008 08:19 AM

best wishes

I have both Ina May's books and they are great!