JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Question about Weaning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1389249-question-about-weaning.html)

Mystic_Mommy January 12th, 2009 01:31 PM

After Rayne's Birthday I stopped Breastfeeding, she turned 2 on January 5th and that was the last day that I nursed her. I was just curious how long it takes for your milk to dry up? Thanks!

-Tiffany

moon~maiden January 12th, 2009 01:51 PM

Kellymom always has the answers!

Congrats on 2 years, that's amazing!!!

nvr.4.gtn January 12th, 2009 06:39 PM

well I nursed for almost 2 years and it took a year for my milk to completly dry up! Yep lovely I know!! I think the only reason it did is because I am pregnant.

Mystic_Mommy January 12th, 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

well I nursed for almost 2 years and it took a year for my milk to completly dry up! Yep lovely I know!! I think the only reason it did is because I am pregnant.[/b]

Wow!!! Is that common?? I was thinking maybe it'd take a couple weeks max, I had no idea it can take a year or more! lol

Kelllilee January 12th, 2009 09:29 PM

If I remember correctly it took about a week and a half to 2 weeks for me. A lot will depend on how much you were nursing at the end. My daughter was down to once a day for just a little while when she weaned, so my body wasn't producing a lot of milk...

M!che!!e January 17th, 2009 08:28 AM

it took a year for mine to drop up also, and it only did when i went on bc pills. i breastfed for 17 months.

nvr.4.gtn January 17th, 2009 09:17 AM

I was only nursing once a day at that point as well. I asked my midwife about it when I went in for my yearly over the summer... as I still had milk at that point. She said that some woman it can takes years to completly dry up. I mean I wasn't leaking.. I did squirt or anything, but it could be expressed in a small amount. I never tried... so I doubt it was much, but none the less white milk. It turned to collostrum after I got pregnant.. and then finally dried up. It will probably be back soon though. I started producing around 20 something weeks with dd, so I doubt it will be much different

Martina January 17th, 2009 10:52 AM

I think it took me about 6 months, or maybe I stopped checking at 6 months LOL, it was taking very long and I found out that was pretty normal, we nursed till 22 months, and probably nursed only once a day at the end, possibly twice, cant remember any more lol.

Mystic_Mommy January 18th, 2009 08:41 AM

Thanks girls! This is a big help, basically it can take a while or not depending lol :) I nursed for exactly 2 years, and it was pretty much down to once a day. Now that I'll be trying to get pregnant though, who knows what will happen with it.