JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   My Intro (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1392882-my-intro.html)

Celry January 14th, 2009 05:41 PM

I've been lurking here off and on for about a year. It took DH and me 21 months to get pregnant with what seems to be a sticky bean. We saw the heart beating today for the first time and both let out a sigh of relief. I did 5 unsuccessful rounds of clomid and hated all 5 months of it. I started seeing an acupuncturist a few months ago and give her a huge chunk of the credit for getting us pregnant. I didn't always O on my own and when I did I would O late and have a really short LP. She's one of the few acupuncturists who really specializes in fertility and has trained under Randine Lewis who wrote The Fertility Cure. I feel extremely lucky that I found her as she was extremely knowledgeable and supportive. I have to give my RE/OBGYN some credit as well as she did a laporoscopy and D&C 2 weeks before I got pregnant. I have to believe that her cleaning me out helped to. She's an amazing doctor who cares so much for her patients.

I love the support everyone here offers and I'm looking forward to learning more about NCB. My mom had all three of her children without drugs and my sister has had her 2 without as well. She had such a horrible tear with the first one that she planned on getting an epidural for the second. She labored at home most of the time though and didn't get to the hospital until she was in transition and by then decided it wasn't needed. I'm sure I'll have lots of support from both of them.

I didn't allow myself to start researching too much stuff until we saw the heartbeat. Now I'm excited to start looking into hypnobirthing and hypnobabies. There is a place around here that teaches hypnobirthing classes, so I may look into that.

Jennifer8080 January 14th, 2009 06:05 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy! The ladies here are wonderful. I'm Jennifer (26) and my DF and I are NTNP after a recent loss. I look forward to getting to know you.

moon~maiden January 14th, 2009 06:13 PM

congrats, and welcome!!! Eastern Medicine is pretty amazing eh?

I'm Cheryl, co host here and mommy to Acadia, who just turned 1! Thanks for joining us!

*PurpleMidnight* January 15th, 2009 12:03 AM

Congrats and welcome!! (I remember you from when I was in TTC 1 year+)

mgm78 January 15th, 2009 05:18 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy! Hopefully this is the end of your fertility journey! Must have been so exciting to see the heart beat. :wub:

btw, I am an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility :D I love hearing good success stories!

Husher January 15th, 2009 06:34 AM

Welcome to the NCB and a HUGE congratulations on your pregnancy and seeing the heartbeat!! I'm so happy for you! The women here are amazing and I can honestly say that I've made some great friends here so I hope you have the same experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help. I used Hypnobirthing with my son and loved it. I've heard that hynobabies is even better and we have a mommy here who used it and recently gave birth after arriving at the hospital already dilated to 10 cm!

BTW, I'm Cindy, one of the co-hosts here. I'm mommy to Bryson, almost 15 months old and expecting baby #2 in late May.

NutMeg76 January 15th, 2009 06:49 AM

Yay!!! another Sept mommy!

Welcome to the saner part of JM!

DoulaMama January 15th, 2009 07:00 AM

oh, I'm so happy you're here!!!! When I was TTC host I always hoped you'd get pregnant soon! I'm so happy it's happened for you. SICKY vibes for you.

shannaj January 15th, 2009 09:34 AM

CEL!!! I'm so happy to see you here! Welcome to the board! Everyone here is amazing, so knowledgeable, and just so friendly. I'm so glad to see another TTC#1 Grad on here! WOOT!

noworries January 15th, 2009 10:48 AM

Welcome and CONGRATS! I used hypnobirthing when I gave birth to my daughter Eva and it worked wonders for me. I have also heard that hypnobabies is even better but I would recommend either one. Hope you jump right in here.

ShaunaB January 15th, 2009 11:11 AM

Welcome and congrats on your sticky bean! Sounds like you have great real life role models for natural birth. That's wonderful!

Meredith, I have no idea why I didn't know you were a fertility acupuncerist. I already have a recommendation for one who helped a friend get pregnant with her first at 41. Need to set up my appointment with her very soon.

Celry January 15th, 2009 11:23 AM

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome.