JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   39 Week Midwife Appt. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1636904-39-week-midwife-appt.html)

BoobyDutyAgainJen July 16th, 2009 09:51 PM

39 Week Midwife Appt.

I had my 39 weeks appt today. Everything is still good as usual this pregnancy! I gained the first pounds I have gained in weeks but I ate horribly and did barely anything so it was no surprise. Blood pressure great, measuring "big" at 41 weeks, baby heartrate at 130.

The midwife wanted to check me and strip my membranes but I declined. I am not technically late yet and my family would have a hard time figuring out being at the delivery this weekend. It could be done if I went on my own but there is no reason to push the envelope lol. I decided that I feel no need to know where I stand...it is just a number that I will end up putting too much stock into.

Anyway I go back on Tuesday, my actual due date, and will get checked and stripped then if I feel that it is right at the time. I think they also routinely do a NST at that point just to make sure things are fine. I seriously have always thought I was going to go on the 23rd so we will see...:smile:

mgm78 July 17th, 2009 04:46 AM

Re: 39 Week Midwife Appt.

glad your appt went well :)

noworries July 17th, 2009 07:36 AM

Glad everything is looking so good. And good for you for saying no to being checked and stripped. Like you said, it's just a number that you'd rely too much on.

Mystic_Mommy July 17th, 2009 09:19 AM

Sounds like everything is going great!!! :)

bostoncreampie July 17th, 2009 10:22 AM

Sounds great! Do you have a favorite, or least favorite midwife at the birth center? :)

moon~maiden July 17th, 2009 10:40 AM

Seems odd she would want to strip? It doesn't seem very birth center-y. WTG in saying no. You are sooooo close!

Where do you live ? I'm in Raynham, 40 minutes south of Beantown. I love Mass so much!!

liveandlove0725 July 18th, 2009 04:08 PM

Congrats on a good appt!! I'm glad you declined the membrane strip too :)

ChicaChels July 18th, 2009 06:38 PM

sounds like a great appt! good job declining the stripping/checking! and i agree with the pp, that seems strange to me for a birth center!

BoobyDutyAgainJen July 18th, 2009 06:43 PM

Kristin I really like Eva. I hope she is on when I go into labor! But also since I only transferred there at 26-28 weeks or so(dates sure get muddled, huh?) I really have not seen them all and she is the one I have seen the most.;) However she just seems to put me at ease...

Cheryl I live in Haverhill so opposite side of Beantown lol. It is about 30-40 minutes to Boston from Haverhill.:)

Oh and I think this birth center isn't as birth center-y as they come lol. They are on the grounds of the hospital and have had some opposition from the hospital. They apparently almost got shut down recently and so they have had to adopt some standards in order to stay open. It stinks but eh...what can you do?:rolleyes:

Devan'sMama July 18th, 2009 11:45 PM

Yay for the good appointment news. :)

Jill_at_Storkradio July 19th, 2009 07:41 AM

Sounds good. Confused as to why she would want to strip you if you aren't late??

GrowBabyGrow July 19th, 2009 08:42 AM

Im so excited for you! I cant wait to read your birth story! And sometimes as far as birth centers go we have to take what we can get. Im glad you are making your own decisions!