JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   And now there are three! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1712903-and-now-there-three.html)

cafebabe September 21st, 2009 07:05 PM

And now there are three!

So, I had my little babies yesterday afternoon! I was just past 33 weeks. Here's the whole story on my DDC: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...dma-right.html

Oh and though we thought we were going to be having two bouncing baby boys...we were wrong. Well..half wrong. River Harrison Sky (our boy) has a little sister named Sunni Renne Sky. Right now both babies are in the NICU but doing very well. They were both just over 4lbs which is great for twin premiees. I did get my natural birth, but not a home water birth. I'm a little dissapointted, but I'm getting over it.

andi2284 September 21st, 2009 07:14 PM

Re: And now there are three!

Congratulations!

TheOtherMichelle September 22nd, 2009 03:05 AM

Congratulations! That sucks that they came early because of the accident, but thank goodness you three are going to be okay. What a nice surprise that you had a boy and a girl.. lol.. did you have everything for two boys?

moon~maiden September 22nd, 2009 06:33 AM

wow, crazy story! Not sure where you are located, but it's great that they "let" you have them vaginally. Most places would be prepping you for a section faster than lightening, I love the names, River was our back up name just in case our daughter came out a boy. Post pics for us to see soon! I hope they are ready to come home to you asap. Did they give you a time frame estimate?

countryjewelsc September 22nd, 2009 07:37 AM

i know i've already posted on our DDC, but CONGRATS again!!

krysia September 22nd, 2009 08:43 AM

Congratulations!!! Glad everyone is doing well.

ShaunaB September 22nd, 2009 08:58 AM

Wow what an amazing story they will grow up with. So glad they are ok being born so early and that you're ok too after losing so much blood. It's incredible that you were still able to have them naturally with such a great OB. A big congratulations to you!

cafebabe September 22nd, 2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMichelle (Post 17379367)
Congratulations! That sucks that they came early because of the accident, but thank goodness you three are going to be okay. What a nice surprise that you had a boy and a girl.. lol.. did you have everything for two boys?

We had quiet a bit for two boys, but I like a lot of stuff for boys that looks kind of gender neutral (lots of light green!), plus I still have all of Rain's stuff, so Sunni won't be stuck with all boy stuff :). She can thank her big sister for that.

cafebabe September 22nd, 2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl33 (Post 17380753)
wow, crazy story! Not sure where you are located, but it's great that they "let" you have them vaginally. Most places would be prepping you for a section faster than lightening, I love the names, River was our back up name just in case our daughter came out a boy. Post pics for us to see soon! I hope they are ready to come home to you asap. Did they give you a time frame estimate?

The OB did have an OR getting ready in case we needed it, and an anasteisalogist (thats not spelled right) in case I wanted meds. But I'm not sure there would've been time! From start to finish it took about an hour and fifteen minutes for both babies to arrive.

My doctor says I get to go home tomorrow morning (I'm doing well, they just want to keep me for one more day to make sure I'm fine) and the twins' doctor says he wants them to gain at least one pound each and be able to breath without oxygen. Sunni is doing fine without the oxygen (she struggles a little, but can do it), River is still having some problems without oxygen. The doctor said he'd really like to see them each gain 2lbs before letting them go home, but as long as they keep doing well he'll let them go once they each hit 5lbs. Hopefully they gain quickly!

cheezpoofs September 22nd, 2009 12:29 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy. Hope the little twins gain weight quickly and can come home soon!

Twinkle September 22nd, 2009 12:58 PM

Congrats!!

*SamF* September 22nd, 2009 01:03 PM

Congrats!!!! I'm glad you got your natural birth, even though you had to forgo the water birth.

GrowBabyGrow September 22nd, 2009 04:35 PM

Awwww! Ive got to see pics of these babies!! Congrats on you natural birth!!