JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   didnt end up with my vbac/natural birth... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1836486-didnt-end-up-my-vbac-natural-birth.html)

kmac January 13th, 2010 12:55 PM

didnt end up with my vbac/natural birth...

i tried though!! but suriah elizabeth was born jan 1st at 5:54pm weighing 7lbs 6oz by c section. i did labor naturally for 9 hours (my water broke after the first hour) and then i was having severe pain in between contractions by where my scar was so my midwife and the oncall dr decided that i needed to have a c section (for fear of uterine rupture). i am disappointed but i am glad that i got a chance to labor naturally and that suriah was allowed to decide when she was ready to come. that was important to me.

anyway, here is a link to my birth story in case you want to read it all...
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-playroom.html

noworries January 13th, 2010 01:00 PM

Re: didnt end up with my vbac/natural birth...

I'm sorry you didn't get the birth that you wanted but it sounds like you did awesome for the time that you were laboring naturally.
Suriah is beautiful! How is Emerson adjusting to her role as big sister?

moon~maiden January 13th, 2010 01:22 PM

congrats to you! She is a real sweetie! :wub:

QueenCrafty January 13th, 2010 01:23 PM

Congratulations even though it wasn't the way you had hoped! She's so pretty and I love her big feet!

mgm78 January 13th, 2010 01:35 PM

congrats!!! our yoga instructor did have a uterine rupture during her VBAC so better to be safe than sorry when you feel that pain.

ShaunaB January 13th, 2010 01:43 PM

Sorry it didn't go as planned but good for you for feeling proud of what you did accomplish. Congratulations!

Twhylite21 January 13th, 2010 02:22 PM

Congrats!

TheOtherMichelle January 13th, 2010 04:15 PM

Congrats! She's such a cutie!

I'm sorry that the vbac didn't happen like you wanted. It sounds like you would have handled natural birth fine if you hadn't gotten that pain, and I agree it's better not to mess around with that!

navywifey2003 January 13th, 2010 05:17 PM

Kristen love ya hun! She is so beautiful!

kmac January 13th, 2010 06:10 PM

thanks guys...

chispaza...emerson has kind of a love/hate relationship with suriah. she goes over to her and gives her kisses but then if i am nursing, she turns into a jealous attack baby and tries hitting her and me because she is mad. it makes it hard at times but i am hoping she will adjust more in time...

cheezpoofs January 13th, 2010 06:20 PM

I'm sorry you weren't able to have the natural childbirth you were planning on. Suriah sure is a cutie girl, though! Congratulations! I think the "Oldbaby" and "Newbaby" onesies are hilarious! Hope Emerson adjusts well and quickly to having a younger sister around. Good work, Mama!

PinkFireFly January 13th, 2010 06:21 PM

:excited: Congrats@!!!

sodagirl January 13th, 2010 08:08 PM

Congratulations!!! And ps. good for you for labouring naturally - and listening when your body told you something was wrong! That's an awesome natural child birth!
And she is just beautiful - thank you for posting all the pics! :)

~ Christine ~ January 13th, 2010 08:11 PM

Sorry she didn't come as planned, but she's precious!!