JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Any hope for backpain relief? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1839553-any-hope-for-backpain-relief.html)

10x_A_Mommy January 17th, 2010 07:39 AM

Any hope for backpain relief?

I've been dealing with the lower back discomforts off n on. But now for the last 3 days straight it is neverending and won't easy up :( I've been going to the chiro, getting down on all 4's doing pelvic rocks, using the birthing ball, using a heated rice sock, etc. Nothing is helping. I want to crawl out of my body - and I have a Very high pain tolerance. I started to wonder yesterday morning if it wasn't maybe the start of back labor - but I'm not feeling any contrax, just the BH's here n there but really nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know what else to try! Any suggestions? I really don't like taking any meds unless absolutely necessary.

moon~maiden January 17th, 2010 08:35 AM

Re: Any hope for backpain relief?

I am not sure myself how to tell if baby is posterior but I do know that hypnobabies has a track for getting baby to turn and that also some of the things you can do to get a breech baby to flip are also effective for getting baby to turn.

Hopefully someone else can tell you how you can tell (if you can) I have been wondering this myself in the last few weeks. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ys/popcorn.gif

10x_A_Mommy January 17th, 2010 09:07 AM

He is posterior right now, once in awhile he'll turn around but not often. I usually feel his "punches" towards the front. Most of my babies were like that then turn the right way just before or during labor (I had 2 that didn't and were born posterior). I've really been trying to make time each day for my hypnobabies cd's but with the discomfort it's really hard to even relax enough through them because I have to keep changing positions.

moon~maiden January 17th, 2010 09:52 AM

they have a specific one for getting baby to turn around- you download it from the site

Hypnobabies hypnosis for child birth that really works

sodagirl January 17th, 2010 01:39 PM

Have you tried a warm bath? That seems to be the best thing for me right now. Also acupuncture is great. Maybe go swimming - just to get the weight off of your back. - I almost always have some lower back pain - pregnancy really adds to it and I'm only 22 weeks. Yikes.
Big Hugs and I hope you get some relief soon!

NutMeg76 January 17th, 2010 04:07 PM

Sorry you are in so much pain. Have you tried stretching? Stretch the hamstrings, piriformis and hip flexors. That might help with the back pain.

mgm78 January 17th, 2010 04:40 PM

acupuncture or a good massage from someone certified in prenatal massage (with the pillow system so you can lay face down).

moon~maiden January 17th, 2010 04:45 PM

so how do you tell if baby is posterior?

10x_A_Mommy January 17th, 2010 07:46 PM

Thanks ladies - have tried warm baths but no help - will try some stretches.

To Cheryl - by my best guess I can tell baby is posterior by where I am feeling the movements and I always tell my midwife how I *think* baby is position then have her confirm it by feeling around. When he's anterior, when he pushes with his hands it feels like (sorry no better way to explain this lol) like his hand is just gonna pop right out of my butt lol. I can also feel/see him sticking his butt out - usually inline to the left of my belly button. But when he's posterior, I can feel his hands poking me just above the pubic bone, and feel/see him poking his knees out higher in my belly too (i know they're knee's because at the same time I can feel his feet up even higher or off to the side a bit.)

moon~maiden January 18th, 2010 08:10 AM

that makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

You could also try doing forward bends (you don't have to touch the floor- you can use a yoga block or if you don't have one, just fold your arms) which will at least relieve your back of the pressure for a little bit. I LOVE forward bends all the time, but they were especially wonderful during pregnancy.

I would go for a good massage myself!

10x_A_Mommy January 18th, 2010 02:11 PM

I went to the chiro this morning and I think he must have gotten something to release that wasn't releasing before because the pain now is about a 6 on a scale of 1-10 compared to the 10 it was at for the past few days. So that's at least some relief :)

I would definitely go in for a nice massage if $$ wasn't an issue. My sis in law is a massage therapist trained in prenatal massage but she won't even cut me a deal (the inlaws dont like me much lol).