JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Guess what I did! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1839963-guess-what-i-did.html)

ChicaChels January 17th, 2010 04:08 PM

Guess what I did!

I signed up to become a Bradley instructor!!! My husband and I take our class in September!!!!! Brylie can come, they encourage it actually so we won't have to leave her for the 4 days we will be there! I am REALLY excited! My husband and I are going to co-teach our class together.
I feel so passionately about this and I feel like my calling is to spread the beautiful word on Natural Birthing! My husband also feels so strongly about natural birth and the husband's involvement, so I am really excited he is going to attend the classes with me!

I live in a very non educated community and I am trying to single handedly change this! I really feel like this is the first step to success!!!

I just had to share my excitement with you ladies!! :D :excited: :D :excited:

PinkFireFly January 17th, 2010 05:10 PM

Re: Guess what I did!

Thats awesome Chels...

How does one become one... granted I didn't do full bradley but used some of the techniques and really would be interested in something of this nature.

I had a partial NCB and for the time that it was all natural I had such an amazing experience and would love to educate people on this... I feel strongly as you about this... any info would awesome...

Please keep us updated on how the classes are!

Twhylite21 January 17th, 2010 05:29 PM

That's awesome news! I've thought about signing up to become an instructor as well, but haven't done it yet.

moon~maiden January 17th, 2010 06:25 PM

nice!! And how exciting that your husband is doing it too, I love that!

Gobaby1 January 17th, 2010 06:45 PM

That's really awesome! I just said (like 5 mins before reading this) that I think I would like to become a LC. Isn't it funny how the natural way feels sooo much the right way... even if for some of us we didn't get our NCB?!

ChicaChels January 17th, 2010 07:29 PM

I would also love to become an LC, but I Think I'll work on that once I'm out of RN school. I would like to work in the hospital setting for awhile, and then set up a freelance LC business.

go to The Bradley Method and all the info is there. We're going to the class in IL in Sept. I wanted to go to the one in Denver in July, because Sam and I were planning on going to Colorado this summer anyway for 2w, but his dad is going to be out of town at the time that class is going on. Obviously both partners can't be away from the farm :lol:

I am SUPER excited! I flipped a coin to decide between this and getting my CAPPA doula certification. :lol:

ChicaChels January 17th, 2010 07:38 PM

becoming an LC seems sooo complicated though! just the general information of the requirements overwhelm me lol!

Gobaby1 January 18th, 2010 05:47 AM

If you're doing your RN you could totally do they LC!!! :smile:
It is a decent amount of work but I went to school for nutrition so I have already taken many of the required classes, although I would probably want to re-take A&P! I will see the LC's next Tuesday so I think I will ask for their opinions on it... you know, get the inside scoop! lol

ChicaChels January 18th, 2010 05:57 AM

Yeah I have most of the classes done, it's just the hours. They seemed over whelming by reading, but it's probably not as bad as it seems. I LOVE A&P hehe