JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Quick question for you ladies... PVCs and natural birth? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/1849224-quick-question-for-you-ladies-pvcs-and-natural-birth.html)

Momofapeanut January 25th, 2010 06:37 AM

Quick question for you ladies... PVCs and natural birth?

I'm shooting for a VBAC with my second child. I am really trying for a natural birth this time. I was induced with my first due to pre-e and it ended in an emergency c-section.

So far this pregnancy, everything has gone well. My blood pressure is great. The baby is healthy! I've been seeing a midwife and I :wub: her.

But! I have been having PVCs (so her and my primary care doctor believe) for about 2-3 weeks now, but over a month less regularly. They've increased lately. I'm told that they are no harm etc etc - but I was wondering if there's anyone that has come across information or has experienced this themself? I'm wondering if it will hurt my chances for a VBAC :(

Kelllilee January 25th, 2010 08:32 AM

Re: Quick question for you ladies... PVCs and natural birth?

what are PVCs??

Momofapeanut January 25th, 2010 09:02 AM

Premature ventricular contraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm being told that due to pressure from my uterus expanding, something is causing the beats of my heart to be a little off. You have 4 normal beats, but, the first two are spaced appropriately, the third is closer to the second which causes more blood to fill the chamber making the forth beat stronger than the previous 3. It feels a little funky, sometimes like your skipping a beat.

Kelllilee January 25th, 2010 09:22 AM

oh, okay, I had that, but never given a name for it. didn't cause any problems and it actually went away in the third trimester. I always described it as the feeling you get in your stomach when you drop quickly, only its in your heart.

therevslady January 25th, 2010 11:04 AM

I had this as well in my last two pregnancies and it went away both times in the third trimester and showed no symptoms during my deliveries.

Momofapeanut January 25th, 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelllilee (Post 18788774)
oh, okay, I had that, but never given a name for it. didn't cause any problems and it actually went away in the third trimester. I always described it as the feeling you get in your stomach when you drop quickly, only its in your heart.

that's exactly it! lol. I love that description. I was calling it hiccups in my chest.

I'm really hoping this goes away.

moon~maiden January 25th, 2010 01:25 PM

well that doesn't sound very fun at all! Hopefully it goes away for you too.