JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   24 week u/s (xposted) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2120323-24-week-u-s-xposted.html)

jamie7 October 1st, 2010 03:20 PM

24 week u/s (xposted)

I had my 24 week u/s today and the babies and my cervix look great! Baby A is 1 pound 9 oz and Baby B is 1 pound 8oz. My cervix is just how it's suppose to be. The only thing I am a little worried about is Baby A is breach and Baby B is transverse. Baby A is what really matters for a vaginal birth. I'm scared she won't flip (I know I still have time), anyone have tips on how to flip a baby in case she is still breach at my 28 week u/s??? Oh and during the u/s baby A kept opening her mouth and Baby B yawned it was so cute :smile:

FusionGirl October 1st, 2010 05:34 PM

Re: 24 week u/s (xposted)

I don't know about getting the babies to move but just wanted to say I am glad your appointment went well!

lovemama October 1st, 2010 06:20 PM

Check out Spinning Babies website. I am not sure about twins....but it's worth a try. I think you have plenty of time though. Good luck.

Christy

PinkFireFly October 1st, 2010 09:59 PM

I recommend spinning babies as well!

jamie7 October 2nd, 2010 03:47 PM

Thanks ladies!

Tiki October 2nd, 2010 05:12 PM

Later on if spinning babies hasn't worked (I'm sure it will) you can try acupuncture as well..

sweethome October 13th, 2010 12:57 PM

Spinning babies and a GOOD chiropractor!

Jennifer8080 October 13th, 2010 02:51 PM

Ditto what the other ladies have said! Congrats on a great U/S!

horseradishmayo October 13th, 2010 06:20 PM

try to find a chiropractor who is trained in the webster technique, (since you need to look for a new chiro anyway). i don't think you have to worry yet....you have plenty of time!

moon~maiden October 13th, 2010 06:23 PM

I really don't know about twins but I would find a new chiro and stick with that. Why are you doing ultrasounds so often? Is this common with twins?

sweethome October 13th, 2010 06:34 PM

It is common with twins that they do u/s EVERY time you go in since twins are considered "high risk".. I have been concerned w all the u/s... any thoughts? I've thought of refusing... sorry I know this is Jamie's thread, but I keep wondering about the u/s.

jamie7 October 14th, 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon~maiden (Post 21825498)
I really don't know about twins but I would find a new chiro and stick with that. Why are you doing ultrasounds so often? Is this common with twins?

They make me go every 4 weeks. They can't tell with the fundal height measurment if the babies are growing within 20% of each other or if one stopped growing. They do the fundal height measurement with singeltons to make sure the growth is on track with how many weeks they are but when I went to OBGYN at 24 1/2 weeks I was measuring 30 (totally normal for twins)! Also, they check my cervix each time to make sure the length is good. I wish I could go every other month instead!

us_four October 15th, 2010 06:28 PM

he yawned? that really almost got me teary eyed! awwww that is so cute!:wub: