JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   "Elective" induction article (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2129097-elective-induction-article.html)

PixieQueen October 11th, 2010 01:46 PM

"Elective" induction article

Oh, so you mean women *aren't* actually choosing to be induced? The Drs need to take responsibility? Imagine that!

Science & Sensibility Rigging the Election: When it comes to elective induction, are women asking for it?

BobbityBoo October 11th, 2010 02:14 PM

Re: "Elective" induction article

Good article!! I especially liked the comments at the end.

Tiff802 October 12th, 2010 06:35 AM

Awesome article! I actually posted it on my FB!!!

HappyHippy October 12th, 2010 06:48 AM

Great article! I posted it on my FB birth business page!

navywifey2003 October 12th, 2010 10:23 AM

Amazing article!

HeatherLyn429 October 12th, 2010 01:41 PM

Good article!

QueenCrafty October 12th, 2010 06:38 PM

Great article! Thanks for sharing

moon~maiden October 12th, 2010 07:12 PM

pretty sweet article. I do think it's women asking too....I REALLY think the internet has to play a role in this too, along with all kinds of over management when it comes to pregnancy. Just like it was a big deal when women got access to pain relief in birth, it felt like women's lib to them.

PixieQueen October 12th, 2010 07:38 PM

I'm sure women are asking, too. Nobody is saying they *never* ask, just that they aren't asking as much as Drs would have us believe. Plus, I think that as time goes by, probably more women are asking, because their friends have been induced, or their sisters, or they hear the "statistics" and think "Why not?". And if they've used a particular Dr before and know s/he'll induce, they probably set a date at the first prenatal appt.

HeatherLyn429 October 13th, 2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieQueen (Post 21815226)
I'm sure women are asking, too. Nobody is saying they *never* ask, just that they aren't asking as much as Drs would have us believe. Plus, I think that as time goes by, probably more women are asking, because their friends have been induced, or their sisters, or they hear the "statistics" and think "Why not?". And if they've used a particular Dr before and know s/he'll induce, they probably set a date at the first prenatal appt.

yes, I agree that I definitely think women are asking, and some even before they are due! Why on earth you would WANT Pitocin is beyond me and something I simply can't comprehend but to each their own I guess.

My OLD ob/gyn would start asking you at 39 weeks if you wanted an induction! When I went overdue with Ryan, he went ahead and made an appointment for me at L&D! I got a message on my phone one night from a nurse telling me to be there the next am for my induction. Needless to say, I didn't go. Which earned me a personal call from the OB asking me where I was. :eek: I told him no flipping way! Went into labor a few days later.