JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Two for Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2129753-two-for-tuesday.html)

BobbityBoo October 12th, 2010 07:31 AM

Two for Tuesday

How/when did you meet your SO?

Was it love at first sight?

QueenCrafty October 12th, 2010 08:24 AM

Re: Two for Tuesday

How/when did you meet your SO? It was the summer after I graduated from high school (I was 17). I was hanging out with friends and we decided to bug another friend who was working at the local Blockbuster Video store. I had to be home early so I rented a movie and went to leave. My DH (he was 16 at the time) was the cashier and kept flirting with me. He ended up giving me the rental for free. I got his number from my friend who worked with him and we went on a date the next week. We've been together ever since

Was it love at first sight? No, but I thought he was pretty cute. I thought it would just be a summer fling since I was going to college and he was still in high school

Jennifer8080 October 12th, 2010 09:06 AM

November 16, 2001 - DH was working in HR and I worked in the Pediatric department at a hospital system. He was managing the benefits sign up, and I was sitting waiting to be called in to enroll. I had broken my hand 3 days before, I was miserable in my job and VERY cranky! I didn't want to be there, and was hoping to not even be working there much longer. He kept trying to talk to me and I wouldn't give him the time of day. A week later I got an email from him asking how my hand was! It took me a few days to email him back, but then we were talking non-stop, and ended up going out about 3 weeks later.

Definitely not! However, I will say, that after we started emailing back and forth, I told my Aunt and a friend of mine, "I'm going to marry this guy." They thought I was crazy. It took nearly 8 years but it did happen!!!!!

ChicaChels October 12th, 2010 09:16 AM

My first week of classes in college a girl invited me out with her and her boyfriend and "some of their friends"..she was pretty cool so I figured what the hell, I don't know many people. We ended up at Sam's apartment (apparently they had told him I was coming, I thought it was awfully clean for a bachelor pad :lol:) and Sam got me pretty drunk (my mom had just died a few months prior to this, booze was my therapy at the time)...we had a good time hanging out all night, but i was way more interested in his friend (who was interested in me, too...he took me back to my dorm..sam was pissed!)

Love at first sight:
ABSOLUTELY NOT. I wanted nothing to do with Sam. I thought he was a dumb hillbilly and I was disgusted that he smoked (my mom died from lung/brain cancer). I had given him my number, but anytime he texted or called I already had plans. He started bugging me around campus (randomly showing up in the cafeteria when I would be on my lunch break (friend was in all my classes, so he would "come to see Steph") and finally I told him if he quit smoking I would go on a date with him.

He was in diesel mechanics, and the shop was right outside the window of the daycare on campus (ECE major, I spent a lot of time in the daycare) and I would always see him outside smoking with his friends on break....well I started to notice he was outside, but he was never smoking...and Steph would make little comments like "Cole cant believe that Sam just quit smoking for a girl he doesn't even know"..and blah blah blah..finally little less than a month later I agreed to go out to lunch with Sam on a Sat afternoon...I asked him if he had quit smoking and he said that he'd had 3 total since the day I told him I would go out with him if he quit, and then thanked me for making him quit because it was a gross habit and he felt so much better not doing it. We've been together ever since (Sept 8, 2005!)

AmandaEliz October 12th, 2010 10:31 AM

How/when did you meet your SO? I met Mike the summer of 2001, right before my senior year in college. A good friend of mine from HS had just gotten out of the Marines. He started hanging out in the restaurant I was working in. After a few weeks, he brought Mike in with him, they knew each other from the Marines. They both started living in the restaurant; turns out it was only the nights I was working. Mike thought I was cute & asked my friend if I was available. We would all 3 hang out after I got off work & then Jason would make excuses for why he had to go somewhere else. It took me about a month to figure it out. :lol: Then when I was getting ready to go back to college & Mike finally asked if he could see me when I was home from school. I said sure. We got married October 11, 2003. This sounds silly, but I think it was fate. Jason was my best friend's cousin; we had known each other since we were kids. She was killed in a car accident when we were 19... 2 years later, her cousin introduces me to the love of my life. That's where Avery's middle name (Kathleen) came from.

No. I thought he was really funny & cute, but wasn't terribly interested until we got to know each other. I've always have loved the class clown. We talked on the phone a lot during my senior year (I was in school in Philly & Mike was stationed in VA) & we really got to know each other.

Lala78 October 12th, 2010 11:07 AM

September 14th, 2006. I will never forget it.

One of my best friends was having a going away thing at a local bar we all hung out at a lot. She'd gotten a new job and was moving an hour away. I showed up to the bar in a super bad mood. After everyone else had eaten a guy she worked with that I'd never met showed up and his burger was accidentally set in front of me. He was across the bar playing pool and I hadn't really noticed him until he came over to get his food. That was it for me. Eye contact. The rest of the night I spent bugging my girlfriends about him. At one point while I was asking someone why I'd never met him, he came over and set a beer down in front of me, smiled, and walked back to his pool game.

When my friend and I finally left the bar I realized that since she was leaving and worked with this guy that I'd probably never see him again. PANIC! So I went into work with her the next day so she could clean out her desk. I saw him and we shyly said hi. But there were a lot of people around so that was it. Another disappointment. We got back to her house and she told me she thought he had checked me out on myspace so I should look. Yes! 2 messages from someone called "not your average guy" asking me out!

We were married two years later on August 9th, 2008. And now we're having a baby! Sniff. :)

Army_Wife October 12th, 2010 12:10 PM

We met at college in the student union. I actually fell in love with his truck at first sight. LOL! He drove a Ford Bronco, and I saw it parked in the parking lot and decided I needed to find out who drove it. One day I saw him walking out to the parking lot. He was easy to spot because he was wearing a cowboy hat. Well, he got into the truck and I thought he looked pretty attractive. A few days later, I noticed he was sitting alone in the student union. After a few days of seeing him in the union and realizing he was always alone, I finally got the courage to go over and introduce myself. He took me out to lunch one day, and our first official date was Oct. 10, 1999. We've been together ever since. And he still drives a Bronco. LOL! Not the same one, but we've both decied we'll always have a Bronco just because that's what brough us together in the first place.

monica8 October 12th, 2010 05:08 PM

How/when did you meet your SO? St. Patrick's day 2007. It was one of my cousin's friend's and he'd been trying to set us up for awhile.

Was it love at first sight? No, the second. We didn't see each other for 3 months after we met. I met my cousin and some of his friends in town one afternoon. One of his friends got rowdy, ended up getting arrested, and DH came to bail him out :lol:. It was like seeing an old friend again. REALLY random... that was very out of character for his friend, too.

moon~maiden October 12th, 2010 07:27 PM

How/when did you meet your SO? we met either in the spring or summer of 2000. We both saw a lot of live music all the time and traveled a lot doing so. We would see each other all over the place even though we lived 4 hours apart.

Was it love at first sight? Not really. I wasn't impressed. Not sure why he liked me, I was a hot mess and he was in medical school and a lot more together than I was. We knew each other maybe 6 months before he started sending me emails and stuff. I had just ended a relationship and was sort of in a new one when he stole me away from that guy. We got together in January 2001.

alicenwonderland October 12th, 2010 07:35 PM

How/when did you meet your SO? I met my husband when i was 14. My youth leader from church, colby, (who lived two doors down from me) was having a party for the teens. DH is his best friend, and just happened to be there. He was 20 at the time. We bumped into eachother over the years. Both volunteered at the church summer camp. Was going roller blading with colby and some other people once, and DH happened to be there.

Definatley not! Due to the age gap, we weren't even on eachother's radar for a number of years. We bumped into eachother the summer after i finished highschool. For some reason it was different this time. We saw eachother every day after that.

Kathode October 12th, 2010 07:39 PM

How/when did you meet your SO? We worked together. I noticed him a couple of days after I started there. I asked some of the girls about him and they said he had a girlfriend. So i put it out of my mind. About a year later, one of my employees remarked that he sure was in my office a lot lately. I hadn't really noticed. I had a wonky A/C and he would come to fix it. I found out later that he actually was the department manager and had employees that could have done it but he always answered my service calls personally :) A couple of girls at the office were annoyed with our apparent inability to get together, and arranged a party for his birthday, and invited me. Then when I got there, they all mysteriously had other places to be. We spent the rest of the night just chatting and stuff and it was wonderful!

Was it love at first sight? Well, definitely attraction at first sight. And it wasn't long before we started dating that we were engaged (5 months) so I'd say if it wasn't at first sight, it was pretty quick! It will be our tenth wedding anniversary this February :inlove:

HappyHippy October 13th, 2010 08:48 AM

How/when did you meet your SO? He was 19 I was 20. A friend of mine had a huge crush on his bestfriend who was also his roomate. She kept telling me to come meet them for 2 months. Finally one day DH called me on her cellphone and asked me to come up and hang out with them. I said no, but after about 10 minutes of talking I decided to go there.

Was it love at first sight? Not at first sight, but I knew I was going to marry this guy within a few hours. I could tell he was interested in me, but he didn't try to hit on me or "get in my pants" like so many other guys. We ended up talking to eachother for 6 hours, just the 2 of us. We told eachother everything we could think of. It was a lot of fun. I have literally been with him ever since that day. I spent the night with him the next night and then moved in my stuff the day after that. At 3 months we got engaged and then 3 years later we got married. We had a long engagment because we moved around in those 3 years and wanted to wait until we were in one place. We have 2 kids now and are planning our third in 2012.

*SamF* October 13th, 2010 09:03 AM

How/when did you meet your SO? My freshman year in college. My friend had dated him but decided she wasn't in to him but thought we would be good together so she set us up.

Was it love at first sight? kinda the first time and definitely the second.
We dated for about 6 months after we first met, it was fairly serious, but then he dumped me. His reasoning was that I was someone he could see himself marrying and he wasn't ready. :rolleyes: (*******-neither was I).
We remained friends over the years- we lived about an hour and a half away from each other. My issue was he would disappear on me- his was he didn't want to live in St. Louis and didn't think I would leave (again *******-never asked). We both ended up marrying horrible people a week a part. We lost touch for a while then that same friend ran into him and gave him my email address- so for years we did the Christmas card thing. Then when both our marriages were falling apart we leaned on each other as friends- we were 1500 miles apart. After we both separated we decided to give it one more try and met up for a weekend in Alabama (I was going for work, just went early). That time it was love at first sight. I moved back to Missouri two months later. We got married a year later.