JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Feel like i'm going backwards (vent) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2138075-feel-like-im-going-backwards-vent.html)

alicenwonderland October 21st, 2010 10:02 AM

Feel like i'm going backwards (vent)

I felt really fantastic after my birth. I healed quickly, and was up and running around and had visitors over, was perky positive etc. Last friday i started to have uti type symptoms and was put on antibiotics... and then the culture came back negative. I continued to feel progressively worse, starting with cramping and back pain. I called my ob and made an appt. Before i could even make it there, i started bleeding a lot and then passed a good size piece of placenta. My ob got me in immediatley and checked me out. She thinks that i have passed everything.

While the horrendous physical symptoms have passed. I feel like i'm recovering all over again. Easily winded, extremely tired, and crazily hormonal. I suddenly can't stand people, and fly into a crying rage at DH for little piddly things. On top of all that, Teddy i believe is reacting to the antibiotics and having diarrhea. His poor bottom is so red and i have to change him every 1-2 hours.

I want to enjoy his babyhood, but i'm already wanting to fast forward a week to just feel better.

monica8 October 21st, 2010 10:28 AM

Re: Feel like i'm going backwards (vent)

HUGS! That's really rough. As if going through one recovery isn't emotional enough. Don't feel bad if you need some time to yourself and hold off on visitors.

Can you get out of the house for a little bit without DH or Teddy for coffee or do something for you? Will DH take over diaper duty for a little bit for you? Make sure you're eating and getting plenty of rest, too.

I had so many of those moments where I just wanted to be past the phase we were in. It's hard not to feel guilty about it, but I think every mom goes through that. Looking back, it's crazy how those moments seem like just a blip, when it felt like they would never end at the time.

jamie7 October 21st, 2010 10:43 AM

I have no experience (yet) with this but I just wanted to say I am sorry you are feeling like this. I hope you feel better and you can enjoy your little boy without being in pain.

moon~maiden October 21st, 2010 12:02 PM

oh man...why are so many women passing placenta after birth? You are the third on this board in the past few months. That worries me a lot.

Please be careful with antibiotics when nursing. Thrush is a very common side effect. I would get both of you on probiotics ASAP. You can take it yourself and put some on your nipple before feeding Teddy. The rash does sound like a reaction.

I hope you feel better soon. The hormonal crash is very tough after giving birth. It's such a fast change your body has to deal with, one day you are pregnant and then boom, you're not. I was a mess after I had Cadie for about a month. With Vivian it was so much easier since I encapsulated the placenta. Try to get out a bit and make sure you are doing some things for yourself too.

alicenwonderland October 21st, 2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon~maiden (Post 21899081)
Please be careful with antibiotics when nursing. Thrush is a very common side effect. I would get both of you on probiotics ASAP. You can take it yourself and put some on your nipple before feeding Teddy. The rash does sound like a reaction.

I've been taking probiotics in capsule form and eating yogurt myself, but what can i do for teddy?

moon~maiden October 21st, 2010 01:35 PM

get infant powdered probiotics and put them on your nipple at every feeding.

ChicaChels October 21st, 2010 02:45 PM

I hope you feel better soon, Alice :hug:

Caelen October 21st, 2010 03:25 PM

I have no experience with those kind of symptoms either, but wanted to say that I hope you can fully recover this time. That's a lot to go through and you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to feel better! I think we all go through those phases of "please let me fast foward" every once in a while. I know I certainly have.

Feel better soon :dothug:

niknok October 21st, 2010 05:09 PM

Big Hugs hun! I felt weeks 2-3 were very difficult. The new baby high ends, and reality sets in. That may be some of the issue. Your Hgb is probably low, which you know explains most of your symptoms. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. If you do end up with thrush, just go straight to gentian violet. The nystatin is useless.

QueenCrafty October 21st, 2010 06:24 PM

I hope you feel better soon! A good friend of mine retained placenta and took longer to recovery afterwards. I agree that the second and third weeks are rough

andi2284 October 22nd, 2010 07:50 AM

Feel better soon! I agree with probiotics, they will really help with any side effects he's having to the antibiotics.