JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   1 think you hate after birth.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2211504-1-think-you-hate-after-birth.html)

Earthy.Mama January 8th, 2011 07:57 AM

1 think you hate after birth....

What's your number 1 thing?

For me, it's not being able to breathe. I HATE that feeling!!! I forgot about it when pregnant w/ Nola and it was horrible after I pushed her out and stood up, omg.... blech, I can remember it now and definitely won't forget next time!

Kelllilee January 8th, 2011 08:19 AM

Re: 1 think you hate after birth....

I don't remember feeling that way... sounds awful though!

The one I hate the most is when they "massage" your belly. OW!

Earthy.Mama January 8th, 2011 09:08 AM

That's #2!! I didn't let my MW do it after Nola. The nurses (hospital birth with first) did it after Kailey and I hated it.

You don't have the breathing problem? LUCKY! After Kailey and Nola it was so hard for me to breathe!

3TeamH January 8th, 2011 09:12 AM

Lurking... I had the breathing issue with my boys too. It's close 2nd to the uterine "massage" - for me those were the worst.

greeneyes January 8th, 2011 09:18 AM

I've never had the breathing issue but I LOATHE the belly massage and uterine cramping while nursing. It's the worst.

Earthy.Mama January 8th, 2011 09:22 AM

The cramping wasn't as bad w/ Nola as it was with Kailey. I plan on using afterease after the next birth.

afterease - Google Search

LadyCoconut January 8th, 2011 10:37 AM

I don't remember having difficulty breathing, but I don't remember much post-birth, lol. I also w asn't allowed to get up for 12+ hours because they were afraid I was going to have a stroke, so maybe that's why if it just happens when you stand?

Its hard for me to picture one thing I hated because I hated pretty much my entire recovery, lol. The uterine 'massage' (ha!) was pretty awful, and so was sewing me back together. The continued mag & pitocin was def. a nightmare... so yeah, pretty much all of it! haha. I'd labor and give birth every day of the week, its after all that that I dread.

bre4thewin January 8th, 2011 11:02 AM

Hemmroid from hell and the first poo. I swear i would have taken another day of labor vs trying to poo for the first time. It was horrible.

Caelen January 8th, 2011 11:34 AM

Trying to sit down after getting 3 tears stictched :eek: I had to sit on a pillow for a few days! lol It got better the more I moved around though.

The uterine massage was pretty yucky too. Passing the placenta felt kinda weird too for some reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bre4thewin (Post 22666476)
Hemmroid from hell and the first poo. I swear i would have taken another day of labor vs trying to poo for the first time. It was horrible.

Same here!! It was uncomfortable for me until my tears started healing and the stitches dissolved.

QueenCrafty January 8th, 2011 01:20 PM

Yep definitely the uterine massage. That hurt so bad!

mgm78 January 8th, 2011 01:32 PM

I ended up transferring for a c-section so my experience was totally different. The first time pooping (4+ days after DD was born) was so scary because they used some medical glue to put me back together, no exterior sutures and i was convinced I was going to split in half. I got some suppositories.

Wanna know what is WORSE than the nursing contractions? I have bladder contractions that were triggering uterine contractions over a week after DD's birth. I had no idea why I had such severe pain with urination and had to go see the OB. ***?

Momof4Boyz January 8th, 2011 01:47 PM

I loved the feeling when I first stood up, it was like total relief, I felt like I dropped 200lbs instantly lol. But then in the following days I don't like how "heavy" the skin feels until it all shrinks back up. Um, they didn't massage my belly - I do remember having that done with my first though and it hurt. I think really the thing I hate the most is the insane bleeding for weeks and weeks.

alicenwonderland January 8th, 2011 02:03 PM

how edematous my body was. I was soooo full of fluid. Also more poor healing bottom

Calendula January 8th, 2011 03:03 PM

They let me do my own uterine massage, so I lucked out there.

For me, the worst thing was the stitches. The itching was almost enough to drive me mad.

First poo wasn't an ordeal here, I had the exact opposite problem :rolleyes:.

Earthy.Mama January 8th, 2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bre4thewin (Post 22666476)

I had these after Kailey... pretty bad too and the first poo was horrible. I won't even go into details, my DH doesn't even know but dear lord I stretched like the dickens to have an easier time pushing out Nola so the hemms wouldn't be as likely to happen. I did NOT want to go through that again!

alicenwonderland January 8th, 2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgm78 (Post 22667865)
Wanna know what is WORSE than the nursing contractions? I have bladder contractions that were triggering uterine contractions over a week after DD's birth. I had no idea why I had such severe pain with urination and had to go see the OB. ***?

I had something like this too! I still have occasion pain on urination. My OB said it wasn't anything to worry about :( It sux though

mgm78 January 8th, 2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicenwonderland (Post 22668909)
I had something like this too! I still have occasion pain on urination. My OB said it wasn't anything to worry about :( It sux though

I cannot remember how long i had urination discomfort, but things were not right in that department for a long time. I found pressing on my bladder helped while urinating.

*PurpleMidnight* January 8th, 2011 08:15 PM

I was still huffing and puffing 5mins after Isaac.

I would say the contractions (uterine) would be the worst

cheezpoofs January 8th, 2011 08:28 PM

Oh, I loved the feeling of lightness after the birth too. I remember walking after Lucius was born and feeling so strange because I had always felt so heavy all the time and though I was no lighter than before I got pregnant with him, I felt so light. It's nice to feel light and agile instead of big and lumbering.

I did have problems with hearing after my son's birth. My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear and felt distant from those talking to me. I had to be put on oxygen for a little while.

Honestly, though, I don't remember anything that was too horrible that it was memorable or I'd say "Oh no! Definitely don't want to go through that again!" about other than the sleep deprivation of having a new newborn that can't bear to be away from Mama's touch and needs to wake every other hour for feeding/ diaper change. Oh well. It's worth it all in the end. So I guess I can't say necessarily that I hate it, but it isn't my favorite thing about the newborn period and I certainly don't like it.

ToriLeigh January 8th, 2011 08:38 PM

For me it's the cramping. It's gotten worse with each baby and it is killing me this time. Seriously feels just like contractions and goes down into my legs. Hopefully as much as little man nurses, it won't last too much longer. My uterus can only shrink so much right?