JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Hello Im pregnant with my first child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/232448-hello-im-pregnant-my-first-child.html)

mrsdutch June 20th, 2006 05:40 AM

Hi What a great subforum! I hope lots of people come here! Id appreciate any support I can get. I really want a natural birth using water to help the pain. I know its going to hurt but Im not afraid of that. So far Ive had a stress free pregnancy and no complications apart from cramp and heartburn (touch wood)
Looking forward to recieving tips also

TylerJ1029 June 20th, 2006 06:37 AM

welcome!

Jewellzz June 20th, 2006 08:27 AM

Welcome!
I am hoping for a natural birth as well (a home birth actually) and this is also my first baby.

CTK3989 June 20th, 2006 10:05 AM

Congrats on your babies ladies! I am hoping to have a natural birth also. :)

Chelci

My_Serenity June 20th, 2006 10:10 AM

Hi and congrats. I'm also going for another natural, homebirth. (And I feel your pain about the heartburn. I ate an ice cream sandwich the other day and got some... that's how bad this pregnancy has been for me concerning heart burn)

redspringrose June 20th, 2006 11:09 AM

Hi, I'm wanting to have a natural birth with this one. This is my 4th. I had a natural with my 2nd, but not by choice. He was born in the middle of a big snowstorm and the anestesiologist couldn't get to the hospital. My 1st and 3rd, they basically forced me to get an epidural. This time around I have a midwife and am wanting it natural. I could use any advice as well. Good luck to everyone else.

cyutegurl June 20th, 2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Hi What a great subforum! I hope lots of people come here! Id appreciate any support I can get. I really want a natural birth using water to help the pain. I know its going to hurt but Im not afraid of that. So far Ive had a stress free pregnancy and no complications apart from cramp and heartburn (touch wood)
Looking forward to recieving tips also[/b]

Well thats what I did when I was in labour with my daughter Serenity (now 13months)
I found that being under a hot shower, with ur partner or doula (or who ever is helping u) to take the shower portable head and spray it all over ur back and body. And also when ur having contractions its good to have someone putting pressure on your waist (hips). Like grabbing eachside and push in hard, and it works like wonders when ur having those contractions!
its even the best, to give birth in a birth pool...ive heard it dosnt hurt as much! its up to you. I hope this has helped :)

justjaQ June 21st, 2006 10:04 AM

best of luck on getting your natural births, ladies!

wonderfullymade June 21st, 2006 10:13 AM

welcome and congrats!

MissyPrincessEha June 21st, 2006 08:28 PM

I know you gals can do it if I can do it! LOL! I am such a wimp!

katy1967 June 22nd, 2006 09:56 PM

I hope we can all do this!