JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Method of Choice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/233070-method-choice.html)

wonderfullymade June 20th, 2006 03:38 PM

What method or belief system did you study or ARE you studying for your childbirth preparation? This should be neat...

TylerJ1029 June 20th, 2006 04:53 PM

I guess I"m self study. I took a childbirth class with DS but it was a general L&D class with a slight emphasis on natural birth (the teacher was a doula). I belive in trusting your own body, listening to what it says, believing in what it can do and not doubting yourself.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama June 20th, 2006 09:30 PM

I'm hoping to have a waterbirth!

iamkc June 20th, 2006 09:35 PM

DH and I hope to use hypnobirthing mostly. We're due in 2.5 months and haven't started, though! I know that we'll probably incorporate a few other things into the mix as well, but we're working hard on a birth plan and trying to get the doc to talk to us about labor! That seems like the first step! :huh:

justjaQ June 21st, 2006 08:57 AM

er, i put self-study too, but i am thinking of bradley for next time, or perhaps a water birth. we'll see. :)

Lilah June 21st, 2006 11:52 AM

I put self study too but I am hoping to labor in the jacuzzi (but birthing out of it). :smile:

iamkc June 21st, 2006 12:32 PM

Lilah! You're so close to birth!!!! :cheer:

I'm wondering what I really should have put. We're going through hypno books to get some of the relaxation techniques, but really, I'm willing to go with whatever works. I'll have a labor jacuzzi, doula ball, rocking chair, options to walk, stand on my head, whatever.

I love this new subforum! I was starting to think that no one bothered with unmedicated now, given all the options!

mrsdutch June 22nd, 2006 04:57 AM

I am using self study but I have lots of info. I have a hypnobirthing book and CD (there are no courses here where I live:()
I am also thinking of giving birth in the water.
I cant wait for Lilah to give birth and tell us all about it!

LadyInWaiting June 22nd, 2006 02:44 PM

Self study..

CharmieCM June 22nd, 2006 09:50 PM

Whatever works in that moment, in that contraction. I do like BFW, best out of all the "methods" out there, though. And water is so wonderful for a lot of moms.

LaLa June 23rd, 2006 01:18 PM

Im taking Bradley, but Ill also be taking Birthing From Within, and studying hypnobabies self study, and reading up on most of the others ;)

Lala...

Bellabee's Mommy June 23rd, 2006 01:18 PM

I am planning on doing whatever works at the time. I really liked laboring in the jacuzzi with my daughter, and plan to do that again. But other then that, there really is not method to my madness.

Frelle June 24th, 2006 07:06 AM

I used bradley with my first in the hospital
Had a home waterbirth with the second and it was more go with the flow
had a home waterbirth with the second, but relied on my Bradley birthing methods to cope with the monstrous contractions that came with a 75 minute birth.

GraceJr June 24th, 2006 07:57 AM

I plan on doing a lot in the jacuzzi tub and/or shower, then delivering in the birthing tub. That said, I'm really open to other relaxation methods during labor. The center has a birthing ball, then there's also massage, etc too. I'm sure I'll wind up doing a little bit of everything before all is said and done.