JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   what method? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/233282-what-method.html)

magilatuzzi June 20th, 2006 10:07 PM

What method did/do you plan to use? Are you just going to wing it? Hypnobirthing? Bradley?

iamkc June 20th, 2006 10:36 PM

Planning on hypnobirthing, but haven't started yet. We're REALLY hoping to get into it soon, though. Our moving and family emergencies have gotten in the way of ALL planning, though. :mellow:

Butter June 21st, 2006 06:28 AM

We took Bradley classes with Cameron. That worked quite well so I'm going to use those tools I learned again this time.

My_Serenity June 21st, 2006 07:47 AM

I too am a Bradley girl. They really helped with Xander and Lucas... so I'm sure they'll help with this little one too.

wonderfullymade June 21st, 2006 10:11 AM

My kids are Bradley Brats - though I do glean information from Suzanne Arms and Ina May Gaskin (among others) too. Also a Bradley instructor. :D

Hey My-Serenity, you have a Xander, our's (this one) is a Xander. You are Michigan, me too. I am 20-something, you too... sweet!

justjaQ June 21st, 2006 10:14 AM

haha, i'm a MI 20something, too! no xanders in the family, but i do love the name.

and, i just wing it. LOL

wonderfullymade June 21st, 2006 10:21 AM

This is getting uncanny. So many michiganders!!! I feel so at home!! :D

illinoismommy June 21st, 2006 11:08 AM

I want to do Bradley, but there aren't any classes in our area. So... I don't know.

My_Serenity June 21st, 2006 11:10 AM

Wow... Michiganders all over the place! Well don't I feel at home here!

Heh Wonderfullymade... I was going to tell you that I loved the name you picked out for you newest addition ;) I see you homebirth too! All of my little ones were homebirthed and this one's a planned homebirth too!

JaQ where in Macomb do you live exactly? You don't have to answer that if you don't want, I totally understand!

Sarah-Jean June 21st, 2006 11:36 AM

I never had a specific "method", I just went with the flow and did whatever felt right.... :cheer:

Good luck ladies!

Love,

Sarah-Jean

iamkc June 21st, 2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

I never had a specific "method", I just went with the flow and did whatever felt right.... :cheer:

Good luck ladies!

Love,

Sarah-Jean[/b]
I'm finding that I should apparently change my answer to something like the above! We're going to learn a few relaxation techniques that DH can help with, but in the end, we're going to do whatever works! Plus, there are no classes on methods around me and even the childbirth classes (overview) will overlap with my birth! Thinking that I'll be ducking out on those...

**Jenn** June 21st, 2006 04:00 PM

I did hypnobirthing--it was wonderful! I loved every minute of my labor and delivery. I plan on using it for every birth!

mrsdutch June 22nd, 2006 06:01 AM

more towards hypnobirthing but also kinda going with the flow