JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   WonderfullyMade (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/235031-wonderfullymade.html)

CharmieCM June 22nd, 2006 10:08 PM

Just wondering :D. I have this developing desire to get pg with twins this time and one of the reasons is that I would just LOVE to have a twin homebirth!!

Butter June 23rd, 2006 07:30 AM

You are too funny Charlotte. An on-line friend of mine had a twin homebirth a year ago in January. Her son and daughter were born on different days since one was born just before midnight and the other just after. My midwife will be delivering twins any day now. The babies are just about 40 weeks and last I heard from the mom they are still happily inside.

DahliaMarie June 23rd, 2006 01:04 PM

How exciting!

I was so happy to learn that the midwife I chose would deliver me at home, even if I were pregnant with twins. Many in this area refuse. Twins run in my family, and I have always hoped one of my pregnancys would be a twin pregnancy.

Nothing really to add, just wanted to share that...

wonderfullymade June 23rd, 2006 02:34 PM

Hey CharmieCM

Unfortunately, no. They were a hospital birth with a very supportive OB. We were planning on a vertex (Baby A) and a breech (Baby B) vaginally. Well, Baby B flipped after her sis was born and was vertex as well.

We were induced at 36 weeks with pitocin as Baby B had no fluid in her sac from 48 hours previous and I was not laboring myself. So, after establishing contrax, we turned off the pit and I kept on my own. Beyond that one intervention - I was able to move on my own and utilize the hospital like my home (though I wish it were at home).

We were planning this to be our homebirth, but finances are keeping us from it. DH has promised that, if business picks up and bills are paid, we can spend that extra amount that it would take and we can have our homebirth. Here's praying and wishing!

My_Serenity June 23rd, 2006 02:47 PM

I'll be praying that you can get your homebirth! I hope you get it this time!

MissyPrincessEha June 25th, 2006 03:09 PM

Very inspiring wonderfully made!

Charmie with twins. *sigh* Now that would be just heaven! :)

CharmieCM June 30th, 2006 09:56 PM

Sorry about the delayed response. My computer has been in the shop for a WHOLE WEEK!

I don't know why, but for some reason I got the impression they were a homebirth :(. It sounds like you had a great experience, though! It's pretty common for the second baby to turn vertex once baby A has been kicked out and baby B has room to move again!

A twin homebirth would be so cool, but here it would have to be a UC and while I know I have the balls for a singleton UC, I just don't know about twins *eek*, but I can't see having them in the hospital, after all that I've seen and done as a midwife. I also don't know about raising twins *double eek*. Still, I've always thought twin girls would be lots of fun (and work!). I guess I'll cross all of those bridges if I ever come to them.

Chelita: A week ago TTC and twin girls was all I could think of, but now I have a LOT more on my mind ;).