JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Im to scared... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/236578-im-to-scared.html)

butter ball June 25th, 2006 01:52 PM

To have a home birth. I am going to stay home for as long as I can and try to work with my contractions, because I really dont want an epideral, but the gas?...........oh heck ya!!!!

So hopefully my birth plan goes accordingly.

MissyPrincessEha June 25th, 2006 03:06 PM

Good for you! But I just have to say...I was so scared and then when labor started and the contractions were real and I knew what it was to labor I was fine, great, wonderful! Don't be scared you will have what it takes when the time comes. Just allow yourself the chance. :)

Frelle June 26th, 2006 04:13 AM

I think it is essential to educate yourself about coping with pain during contractions, regardless of whether you want meds or not. There may be a point in your labor where you wish you could get them and cannot. 1) you might not be 4 cm yet and many hospitals do not like to give you an epidural until 4 cm because of it wearing off, and 2) they might have to turn down an epidural, or turn it off, if it becomes necessary for you to move to help pushing, like onto your side or something.

I suggest taking Bradley Method birthing classes, they are different from Lamaze, and reading Natural CHildbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon Rosegg, as well as A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer.

Prepare yourself, it is most difficult to just go into birth wanting to go natural without having prepared yourself for the marathon is it likely to be.

butter ball June 27th, 2006 08:50 AM

Just to let you all know, this is my 3rd child!! lol I should have mentioned that. I did have an epidural with dd and I couldnt feel anything and was frozen for 12 hours after the baby was born.

Then with my son, I got intimidated because my water broke at the hospital and I was in really bad pain and they told me I was only 2 to 3 cm dilated. So I was terrifed.

That is why I want to stay home and labor as long as I can. I was definitely more focused with ds than dd.

I have looked into the bradley method and it seems great!

Gaby&Emmy'sMama June 27th, 2006 03:35 PM

I'm a bit too scared for a homebirth too, but am going to look into it for bubby number two :)

I'm sure you'll find (we'll BOTH find) that when D-Day comes and we are in labour, we'll take it like champs and really rise to the occasion!

justjaQ June 30th, 2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

I think it is essential to educate yourself about coping with pain during contractions, regardless of whether you want meds or not. There may be a point in your labor where you wish you could get them and cannot. 1) you might not be 4 cm yet and many hospitals do not like to give you an epidural until 4 cm because of it wearing off, and 2) they might have to turn down an epidural, or turn it off, if it becomes necessary for you to move to help pushing, like onto your side or something.[/b]
I agree here! My labours both progressed too fast for any sort of pain management. It can and does happen. Best of luck to you!