JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2489587-hypnobirthing-hypnobabies.html)

LaceyMay2630 February 14th, 2012 12:28 PM

Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies

So, even though I'm not pregnant (yet, fingers crossed!) I already know that my mind is made up for doing a natural childbirth. My sister in law went through one with her last baby and totally inspired me. I've been reading a ton of stories both on here and other sites on the internet, mostly to kind of psych myself up ha ha. But I was talking with a co-worker who's wife also did the natural birth, but she also did Hypnobabies. I haven't really read much into it and what I did find wasn't all that helpful to me. So I thought I would come here since most of the information that I found came from this site! The whole hypno-anything, what are some of your thoughts on it? Have any of you done it? Did you find it affective? I am really wanting to at least try it so any information would be awesome!! :D

bostoncreampie February 14th, 2012 01:53 PM

Re: Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies

I did hypnobabies with my second and plan to this time around.

My birth story is here if you want to hear it. I'm happy to answer any further questions!

LaceyMay2630 February 14th, 2012 03:15 PM

Wow! Congratulations! I love hearing other natural birthing stories! They're so inspiring! Thank you sharing that! Where did you find your Hypnobabies?

daneeleigh February 14th, 2012 07:35 PM

I wish I would have known about it sooner in my pregnancy but I think I'll look into doing it for my second one.

PDXHypnobabies February 15th, 2012 11:04 AM

You can find a local Hypnobabies class on the Hypnobabies main website under the heading "classes", where they are listed by state.
If there are no instructors in your area, they home study course is awesome and has inspired some Moms to become instructors themselves!

organicmama314 February 15th, 2012 11:25 AM

I did Hypnobabies and it was so awesome! Not only did it teach medical grade hypnosis but I learned so many things about birth, nutrition, and evidence based procedures. I felt so confident and actually looked forward to giving birth. I had an awesome very comfortable pain free birth in the hospital setting. When I went in I was an 8... Had NO idea I was that far along. Can't wait to have my homebirth nextintj and use Hypnobabies all over again!

thebabybodhitree February 15th, 2012 02:22 PM

I loved Hypnobabies! It was the best thing I did for my pregnancy and birth. I will do it again for my second. The Hypnobabies website has tons of info about the program. I had the best experience and gave birth in total peace and comfort. I was able to tackle all my fears about childbirth and was totally comfortable making decisions about my pregnancy and birth because of all the great info I learned in class. Taking a live class is always ideal but if you cannot find one in your area the home study program is great too. Best of luck!

MamaCass85 February 15th, 2012 09:52 PM

Hypnobabies changed my life. I never knew that birthing could be fun, much less comfortable and pain-free! Check out the Hypnobabies channel on You Tube. You'll find a lot of great videos of moms birthing with Hypnobabies as well as more informational videos on it. Good for you looking ahead of time! It's not letting me post a link, but if you google Hypnobabies with Cassie and look for my 'About Me' section, I have Aster's birth story posted. I enjoyed the whole experience so much that I signed up to become an instructor and I couldn't be happier that I get to train other women in birthing using Hypnobabies.

Celry February 16th, 2012 05:34 AM

I read Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method for my first pregnancy, even though I knew I would probably end up with a csection. I loved it. I have re read it this time around and will be taking a hypnobirthing class as well. I find the techniques in the book very relaxing and with the CD that comes with it, I think it's possible to learn on your own what you need to do. You have to be dedicated though and actually take time every day, or at least almost every day, to spend a little time to relaxing and followign some of the things the book talks about.

gina8177 February 16th, 2012 11:25 AM

I used Hypnobabies for my first birth and am starting my Hypnobabies class for this birth this weekend. What I loved about Hypnobabies was that it was also a complete childbirth education course. This meant I could get all the info I needed in one place to be informed and make great decisions. The hypnosis is also great and I love the daily practice, nice to relax every day. :)

LaceyMay2630 February 16th, 2012 12:27 PM

Thank you ladies! I can't wait to start the program! My sister in law and I are thinking of becoming doulas and are wanting to also incorporate Hypnobabies with the program, so this is way exciting!

MissusF February 19th, 2012 02:39 PM

I just had my first hypnobirth on Monday :). It worked like a charm! Some highlights from my birth:

I had a fairly quick labor. 6 hours from start to finish. I spent the vast majority of it kneeling next to my bed leaning against a huge pile of pillows. I was so relaxed listening to Hypnobabies I was able to sleep between contractions. I thought I was in there for 30 mins or so but it was actually almost 4 hours! I also had a really mispositioned baby who was born with her hand in front of her face. It took an hour to push her out but I would have sworn it was only 15 minutes.

I attribute having such an easy labor to Hypnobabies. I will definitely be using it again if/when I have another baby.

LaceyMay2630 February 21st, 2012 03:49 PM

Ah. I love it! I am so excited to start the program! Thank you for sharing, that is such an inspiring story! Oh and I love your "I'm so crafty, I make people" button ;) very cute!

kristen121 March 3rd, 2012 05:57 PM

I did Hypnobabies with my last baby. I will admit, I did the home study course and wasn't the most diligent student. I didn't practice everyday like you are suppose to, so keep that in mind. My childbirth was not painless, but it was manageable. At the end, I was considering getting an epi when I go to the hospital, but I arrived at the hospital complete and ready to push, she was born before my doctor got there.

Carwen*Angel March 13th, 2012 05:27 AM

This is a very helpful post. I'm in the UK and there are no classes in my area, and I simply don't have the money for the home study course given I've been out of work since last May, so I have bought the book and CD mentioned above, and after reading it feel I could do this as long as I practice the techniques beforehand - good to know someone else has done it this way as well and found it genuinely effective.

Christy72 April 2nd, 2012 07:49 AM

You can get discounted homestudies on line on ebay and amazon. ;)

LaceyMay2630 April 6th, 2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy72 (Post 25835637)
You can get discounted homestudies on line on ebay and amazon. ;)

Just got my Hypnobabies CD's in the mail yesterday! I got the from Ebay and they were SUPER cheap!! Thank you!!! :D

MissusF April 16th, 2012 09:41 PM

Keep us updated on how you like it and how you think it's working :)