JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Amy Tuteur-crazy OB that wants to get rid of natural CB (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2495709-amy-tuteur-crazy-ob-wants-to-get-rid-natural-cb.html)

AlixJ20 February 29th, 2012 02:09 PM

Amy Tuteur-crazy OB that wants to get rid of natural CB

So i came across this womans site last night and she had me fuming, she is an OB that i believe has not been practicing for some time. She writes a blog against NCB, namely home birth. Now i could understand people being worried about the risks of a home birth, but this woman is seemingly against any unmedicated birth in any setting. When people question her she attacks them instead of giving them information, she skews facts to scare people and uses language like fascists and narcissists to describe people that don't love medicated childbirth. She's for epidurals, episiotomy, women having no say in their birth, doctors doing c-sections whenever they want to. Her followers call natural child birth advocates a "cult" and enjoy making fun of anyone that wants to have a nice unmedicated birth saying they only care about themselves, and that the only thing that matters is the end result not how you get there, they make fun of doulas and believe them unnecessary. I just wanted to share this i guess to kind of vent, i had to tell someone because i was so very pissed off, and if i ever got a doctor like her i would be very afraid.

The Skeptical OB

Twhylite21 February 29th, 2012 08:04 PM

Re: Amy Tuteur-crazy OB that wants to get rid of natural CB

Yeah, she's definitely out there and very against home birth. It's kind of sad.

therevslady March 1st, 2012 06:59 AM

I've come across her info a few times. PRETTY aggravating. I had a woman in my last DDC (who's husband was a doc) who would use her information to back up outrageous claims for reasons for doing things, and to try and convert everyone to her point of view. That was especially aggravating.

BeckyBozeman March 22nd, 2012 04:29 PM

I know I'm a bit of a snob... but it's pretty hard to believe in her as an "expert" when she can't even write correctly....

The worst thing is that she's discouraging people from thinking for themselves and being informed. I'm against zealots of any kind - everyone is different and I certainly wouldn't presume to think that I know what's best for anyone else. But she'd like to keep the whole world thinking that doctors are gods that always know what's best for us and always have our best interests at heart!

So condescending and just plain wrong...

sodagirl March 26th, 2012 12:09 AM

Ye. She's a piece of work . . .

Here's a link to an awesome blog- though it hasn't been updated in a while. It'll cheer you up :) Midwife Thinking | mothers, birth, babies and midwifery

HappyHippy March 26th, 2012 10:20 AM

She's not an OB :) She retired more than a decade ago and only practised for 6 years in the late 80s/early 90s. She does not have a medical license anymore, hasn't for many years. She has no knowledge or experience with Midwives or homebirth.

BeckyBozeman March 27th, 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHippy (Post 25806152)
She's not an OB :) She retired more than a decade ago and only practised for 6 years in the late 80s/early 90s. She does not have a medical license anymore, hasn't for many years. She has no knowledge or experience with Midwives or homebirth.

That actually makes me feel much better! I'm glad she's at least not "practicing" on anyone!

daneeleigh March 27th, 2012 08:02 PM

Wow........:lalala:

noworries March 28th, 2012 08:22 AM

Yeah, I can't read her stuff because it infuriates me.