JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   How did your spouse's handle it? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2528581-how-did-your-spouses-handle.html)

beamermarie May 18th, 2012 07:06 AM

How did your spouse's handle it?

Did they have a hard time with watching you pain? Did they try to push you to do the epidural?

noworries May 18th, 2012 07:29 AM

Re: How did your spouse's handle it?

My DH handled it very well. He helped me with my cues (hypno) and would talk softly to me, rub my arm, etc. He knew that I would not have been happy if he even said the word epidural so no epidural pushing from him (or anyone else thankfully). He could tell when I was getting close and was very encouraging when it started getting more difficult.

lunarmagic May 20th, 2012 08:41 PM

My DH was really great too. He did exactly what I needed him to (stay relaxed and in the background), let the nurses know my wishes (no IV, etc). I feel like he really provided me with that safe space to labor in peace, I knew he'd take care of anything that needed to be done. And he never suggested any meds at all, he knew how important it was to me.

MissusF May 21st, 2012 10:34 PM

My hubby was awesome while I was in labor. I was actually a little concerned that he wouldn't handle it well but he was great! I had a home birth so he had certain tasks that kind of kept him busy lol. He had to call our birth team, fill the birth tub, change my hypnobabies cd's, etc. He also stood in a very uncomfortable position and rubbed my back for like 4 hrs straight. My childbirth educator who is also a hypno doula was there as well so she kind of took over keeping me focused when I was in transition and starting to fall apart. I don't think me being in pain phased him that much since we had gone over everything in our childbirth class he kinda knew what to expect.

Twhylite21 May 22nd, 2012 09:47 PM

DH was awesome with all 3 births. I had a NCB all 3x (first at a hospital, second at home and third at the hospital). Violet and Grant's births both had some issues and he stayed calm and was great at getting me to relax. His massage during all 3 births really helped me focus on getting through each contraction and relaxed me.

ChicaChels May 23rd, 2012 01:36 PM

he was awesome...he is as anti drugged birth as i am, so i never had to worry about anything less

daneeleigh May 28th, 2012 12:48 AM

Mine was awesome even though he disagreed with it and thought it was stupid to not get an epidural. It wasn't until after that he told me it was difficult to watch me in that much pain. He still prefers me getting an epidural next time but he agrees that it's my choice and will support whatever I choose.

Jennifer8080 May 29th, 2012 08:29 AM

He did great, which really surprised me. He doesn't do well with that kind of stuff and I was really worried. Though, he did later admit that his helping me breathe was so he didn't pass out! He never once pushed me to do anything. We were at a birth center so there were no options for drugs anyway.

Carwen*Angel May 30th, 2012 10:22 AM

I didn't manage to have a NCB with Daniel. Not sure how my ex would have coped.

I'm hoping my current partner will be extremely supportive. He's promised to read the hypnobirthing book from week 32 and get au fait with what I want to do.