JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Natural Multiple Birth? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2579761-natural-multiple-birth.html)

therevslady October 1st, 2012 04:59 PM

Natural Multiple Birth?

Has anyone here had a natural birth with twins or triplets? The last birth I attended was a natural birth of twins and it was so beautiful and amazing. I was wondering if any moms here have been able to enjoy that awesome feat!

Celry October 3rd, 2012 12:34 PM

Re: Natural Multiple Birth?

Nope. I was able to have an unmedicated VBAC but had a csection with the twins. There are some MoMs who used to be on JM who have moved to FB who did have unmedicated twin births. I wish I could have had my twin OB for their pregnancy and my singleton midwife for the twin birth. I think the midwife would have been more willing to work with a breech baby.

daneeleigh October 4th, 2012 01:53 PM

That must have been awesome to witness! I don't know if I'd be that brave to do it but kudos to moms who do. I know my birth center does not except VBACs (which I don't agree with) or multiples (which I understand).

therevslady October 4th, 2012 02:04 PM

The birth was in the hospital with three midwives in the room (one was acting more as a doula along with me) and the OB was standing just outside the door in case he was needed. But it went smooth as butter. It was a great team and made it seem so normal. If I ever had twins, it would most certainly be with them.

I can understand that not all care providers would be comfortable with a VBAC or multiple birth outside of the hospital. It's more high risk. I appreciate those who do though ;)

mrssws October 4th, 2012 07:29 PM

My sister had a natural twin birth at a birthing center. She had two midwives and it was the first birth I witnessed and my mind was blown. It was a wonderful experience.

daneeleigh October 10th, 2012 11:43 AM

Did you hear about the woman in Australia who delivered triplets vaginally and naturally within 14 minutes by a team of midwives? How amazing is that?

therevslady October 10th, 2012 12:43 PM

That's awesome! We have a care provider here in Atlanta that will catch triplets vaginally. I am so thankful for him!

Amari October 20th, 2012 07:52 PM

I am pregnant with twins, #3 and #4 and hoping to have a natural med-free birth. I'll let you know how it all turns out, fx for me!

therevslady October 21st, 2012 11:36 AM

Oh yay!!!! Good luck! I can't wait to see your updates!