JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Optimal fetal positioning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2595373-optimal-fetal-positioning.html)

therevslady November 14th, 2012 10:50 AM

Optimal fetal positioning

I love the spinning babies website. I'm a spinning baby junkie. When you are pregnant, or to those who are pregnant, can you tell what position your baby is in on your own?

Pinkapple November 14th, 2012 06:30 PM

Re: Optimal fetal positioning

I wish! I can really only tell when he is on my right side, because it causes a bit of pain for me. Other than that, I can never tell. It would be nice to know, though.

rlh27 November 15th, 2012 11:48 AM

I've been doing the spinning baby exercises for months now, and it seems to be paying off! He's usually LOA or OA based on what I feel, and when I went for my u/s today, he was indeed LOA :D Hopefully his good positioning will make things a little easier in a few weeks when I'm in labor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkapple (Post 26768958)
I wish! I can really only tell when he is on my right side, because it causes a bit of pain for me. Other than that, I can never tell. It would be nice to know, though.

Don't worry, at the point you're at he's all over the place and you don't have to worry about his positioning yet :) It's never too early to start doing things to help him be in a good position when the time comes for him to settle in position, though.

d_tops November 16th, 2012 09:50 AM

I keep trying, but I think he's still too small to feel with certainty. At my appointment this morning she found his back and head, so I have a better idea of what to look for. I haven't heard of spinning babies, thanks for the reference!

MissusF November 17th, 2012 12:51 AM

I love spinning babies! I did a lot of exercises for optimal positioning but she was still born in a bad position. Stubborn girl! My doula is becoming a Dancing for Birth instructor and has to give a free demo class for her certification. She invited me and I'm really excited to go even though I'm not pregnant :)

I could never do the belly mapping. I could tell where her feet were when she kicked me and I feel her fingers sometimes but that was about it. I had an anterior placenta and I think that blocked a lot of sensation. I didn't feel much movement from her period.

windywoodsmama November 24th, 2012 05:22 PM

I'm on #6 and still have trouble, though I have strong suspicions based on baby movement :) I always have to ask my midwife to help me "feel it out" once baby is bigger, and then after that appt. I can usually tell better.

I love the Spinning Babies website too and try and be really conscious of keeping baby in a good position!

daneeleigh December 11th, 2012 10:25 AM

Spinning Babies and my doulas knowledge of these saved my labor!!! I'm a firm believer in these moves. I was told by my midwives the whole third trimester that he was in a perfect position and maybe he was? He was head down so I guess to them that was good enough. When it came time for labor though he was stuck at 5-6 cm for about 5 hours and they said he must be in a horrible position. My escruciating back labor also verified this. My doula had me do spinning babies techniques and I immediately went into transition and there was no stopping my labor from there. My next pregnancy, I will do these techniques from 32 weeks on no matter what position I'm told he's in.