JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   January Chit Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2611463-january-chit-chat-thread.html)

therevslady January 4th, 2013 03:30 PM

January Chit Chat Thread

In efforts to get to know one another better, I thought I'd start a chit chat thread for us to talk about things that aren't worth starting a new thread over. This will be a great thread to help us boost our numbers in the January top 50!!! Let's show the world that awesome natural childbirthers have a lot to say!

therevslady January 5th, 2013 09:36 AM

Re: January Chit Chat Thread

What is everyone up to today?

My best friend is in town from Alaska. I have to go meet a client, and I am so excited to have my friend spend the night. I think we'll spend the night drinking wine and watching 80's flicks. I don't really do anything with friends. EVER. She's pretty much my only close friend and I only get to see her once a year. I am so looking forward to the evening!

jhmomofmany January 5th, 2013 05:05 PM

Hi there, I'm a new member but I'm not shy. :)

Today is my oldest dd's (child #2) birthday. She's sixteen! So we are having nachos for dinner and will be having peach cobbler for her dessert. I work nights and only slept four hours today, so after that I'll probably try to watch a movie with DH but sleep on the couch instead, LOL!

Kelllilee January 5th, 2013 08:16 PM

let's see... Today the kids had a party at church, then I had a tea party themed baby shower to go to (made a dress to wear last minute since none of my dresses fit!). Narrowly avoided a car accident.

And now the girls and I are chillin out eating pizza and watching a movie. Not sure what I want to do after they go to bed. I've been staying up way too late the last few nights so I might just go to bed, but maybe I'll sew something instead... who knows

GranolaMamaOf3 January 5th, 2013 08:39 PM

Not much today. Tomorrow we're going to church and then to a friends house to have lunch and visit with out of town guests whom we haven't seen in ages! Unfortunately DH will be working. :(

therevslady January 6th, 2013 05:03 PM

Sounds like everyone is having eventful weekends!!!

Another friend came over and we talked, had girl time, and my friends did my dishes since I fell behind when I had mastitis. It made me really miss having friends around! Not them doing my dishes, even though I loved that, but I just missed having friends. Love them so much.

GranolaMamaOf3 January 6th, 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ (Post 26941973)
Sounds like everyone is having eventful weekends!!!

Another friend came over and we talked, had girl time, and my friends did my dishes since I fell behind when I had mastitis. It made me really miss having friends around! Not them doing my dishes, even though I loved that, but I just missed having friends. Love them so much.

I understand. We've moved around quite a bit, and I had a really hard time making friends in PA. I actually feel like I've made more friends here in GA in the one year I've lived here than I did the 3+ I lived in PA! Good friends are so rare and valuable!

ChicaChels January 7th, 2013 12:16 AM

We had a busy weekend! Friday I went to the city (about an hour) with a girlfriend and her 2 kids (and my 2 kids)...we had a good time :) I babysat her younger son (he will be 2 in a few days) while her older son went to his dad's house, because she had to work....took all 3 kids to subway (note to self: twin boys...kudos to those moms!) then i took him home and we went to another friends little boy's first birthday party...we had a good time! There were a lot of kids there for mine to keep busy with....

Today went back to the city with DH and the kiddos...I took Brylie to get her first mani/pedi :wub: it was so fun...we met my BFF...and Brylie was so cute and grown up...she was sipping on her hot chocolate and boy was she telling that nail tech exactly what she wanted.....she even informed him that he didn't cut her nails short enough :lol:....we went to dinner and target, and now im at home.. its 115AM and I *should* be sleeping, but DH got himself an ipad mini today and is tinkering around on it..and im just enjoying the quiet!

and counting down the days until I can induce my period and get on with this dang IUI!!!!! :cheer:

daneeleigh January 7th, 2013 04:27 AM

We took Mason to the Zoo this weekend and it was a blast!!! We really had lots of errands we should have been doing but it was nice to just push them all to the side for once and go enjoy the beautiful weather.

We too live out here alone without family and friends and it's difficult. My house becomes a wreck all the time and luckily DH does picking up every few days. I work nights this month so my schedule is all off. Then I have school every few nights so I'm really no good for anything certain days of the week lol.

I would love to be able to just quit my job and become a doula while I'm going through school! Wishful thinking!

GranolaMamaOf3 January 9th, 2013 07:24 PM

OT; Does anyone else in here watch Parenthood? After my BFF in PA raved about it I started watching out of curiosity, and now I'm slightly obsessed... :sneak: Watching Season 4 Episode 13 on hulu now. :)

KtKuKi January 9th, 2013 08:04 PM

I LOVE Parenthood. It was supposed to be canceled this season, but I think it did so well that they aren't canceling it. I don't really understand why, though, because I know tons of people that watch it and love it.

GranolaMamaOf3 January 9th, 2013 08:41 PM

Really? Everyone has been saying this has been their best season yet! I hope they keep going!

NinjaCakes January 9th, 2013 09:43 PM

I had a nice engagement session today with a lovely couple, and they couldn't have picked a more perfect day for it. We got a break in the cold weather; it was a beautiful day. I'll be photographing their wedding in October as well. I love meeting so many different kinds of people and being able to watch the interactions between them. I find it fascinating and moving to witness something so special. It didn't hurt that they brought their adorable husky puppy with them :) Made my day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ (Post 26941973)
It made me really miss having friends around!

I've been feeling that lately, too. I used to spend a lot of time with a select people, but then I picked up seasonal jobs starting with halloween and fell out of the habit. Makes me sad! I'm glad you got to have double friend time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneeleigh (Post 26942991)
We too live out here alone without family and friends and it's difficult.

Boy do I hear that. It kind of wears on you, doesn't it? I love living out here because it's mostly quiet, but I feel isolated now that winter is actually here. My house definitely suffers for it :) Whenever company comes over I'm overwhelmed with the sudden urge to clean just because I have someone to talk to.

daneeleigh January 10th, 2013 04:13 AM

So I thought I was just joking above when I posted about quitting my job and becoming a Doula but I put my two weeks in yesterday lol. I'll post that in another topic.

Husher January 10th, 2013 07:56 AM

Hi everyone! We had plans for a playdate today, but it looks like our oldest DS has a fever, so I'll have to cancel that. He's supposed to go in tomorrow morning for an eye exam, but I'm not sure if we'll make that either if he's still sick. I'm super worried that it's the flu, because I've never had the flu and I really, really don't want to get it the first time as a pregnant woman. The kiddos are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and I'm trying to get some work done.

GranolaMamaOf3 January 10th, 2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneeleigh (Post 26955947)
So I thought I was just joking above when I posted about quitting my job and becoming a Doula but I put my two weeks in yesterday lol. I'll post that in another topic.

This is totally random. I just noticed you're from San Diego! My younger sister is getting ready to move there from FL to join her husband who is in the Navy. Are there any natural mama play/support groups there that you would recommend? She has a 4.5 month old son and I know she will be looking for friends and community :) If there is a FB group or something she could join as she prepares to move, that would be great!

GranolaMamaOf3 January 10th, 2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husher (Post 26956478)
Hi everyone! We had plans for a playdate today, but it looks like our oldest DS has a fever, so I'll have to cancel that. He's supposed to go in tomorrow morning for an eye exam, but I'm not sure if we'll make that either if he's still sick. I'm super worried that it's the flu, because I've never had the flu and I really, really don't want to get it the first time as a pregnant woman. The kiddos are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and I'm trying to get some work done.

Oh no! I hope everyone is better soon and you can avoid whatever it is!

therevslady January 11th, 2013 04:08 PM

I'm late responding, but Parenthood is my favorite show on TV. I would be SO MAD if they canceled it!!!

therevslady January 12th, 2013 04:58 PM

I got my first textbook in the mail for my midwifery studies! Opening that package was a big moment for me. I'm so excited for this next chapter of my life!

ChicaChels January 13th, 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ (Post 26965726)
I got my first textbook in the mail for my midwifery studies! Opening that package was a big moment for me. I'm so excited for this next chapter of my life!

Are you doing DEM, que?

I'm going to start my provera tomorrow. they said to start it on the 15th or 16th, but I prefer starting things on Mondays if i can :) SO that means 10 days til my next period (ish) and then we will do our IUI that cycle! :cheer: