JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   New here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2611878-new-here.html)

kristalee01 January 5th, 2013 09:50 PM

New here

Hi there! My husband I were both surprised to find out last week that we are expecting number 3 in early September! Very excited and kinda scared about being outnumbered :) Both my other kids were born in the hospital at 41 weeks. I was induced with both and chose an epidural with both. 18 hours the first go around and 12 the next. After my son was born I begged them to let me go home. I HATED being in the hospital. So this time we're thinking about maybe going about it naturally at home. The idea of a water birth is very appealing to me as I've always found a lot of pain relief in the water. Obviously its still very early but I just want to do more research and be more informed this go around.

Kelllilee January 5th, 2013 10:19 PM

Re: New here

Congrats!! What part of Eastern WA are you from? I'm in Tri-cities :)

Keakie January 6th, 2013 07:33 AM

Hi! I'm from the same DDC as you, and am also new to this forum. :) Congratulations!

kristalee01 January 6th, 2013 10:41 AM

I'm also in Tri Cities!

Kelllilee January 6th, 2013 12:27 PM

Very cool!! Have you decided on a midwife yet?

therevslady January 6th, 2013 05:14 PM

Welcome and congrats on #3! Looking forward to getting to know you better! Feel free to drill us with questions! There are so many amazing moms with so many different life experiences. It's a very supportive group!

kristalee01 January 6th, 2013 09:13 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to learn more about natural childbirth and home birth. I haven't picked a midwife yet. I was going to make an appt with my normal doctor who's a naturopath and see if she has anyone she recommends.

daneeleigh January 7th, 2013 03:31 AM

Welcome! We too are debating between a home birth and a birth center for our next one. We had a birth center delivery with our first but we feel like we could have done everything at home minus the drive. To us it really added no extra anything to the experience but we lived really far out then and I didn't feel it was safe. Now that we're closer to a hospital, who knows?

GranolaMamaOf3 January 7th, 2013 07:18 AM

Welcome! I had a natural hospital birth with my first, and a home water birth with my second. I LOVED home birth! We are planning home for this baby as well :)

Kelllilee January 7th, 2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalee01 (Post 26942751)
Thanks everyone! I'm excited to learn more about natural childbirth and home birth. I haven't picked a midwife yet. I was going to make an appt with my normal doctor who's a naturopath and see if she has anyone she recommends.

Virginia Frasier? If so, she actually attended my last birth :) Let me know if you need help choosing. There are only a few in our area. I see Shannon and love her!