JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   O/T: I'm so frustrated (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2620603-o-t-im-so-frustrated.html)

Husher January 31st, 2013 11:18 AM

O/T: I'm so frustrated

With my last pregnancy, I had mastitis and had to take an antibiotic during the first week after finding out I was pregnant and then later had bacterial vaginosis (or something similar to that) that despite no matter how hard I tried to kill it off naturally, it still raged on and I had to take an antibiotic for it right at the end of the first trimester.

Now, I've had ringing in my right ear since last Friday and finally went to the doctor yesterday. The doc confirmed there is a little fluid in my ears due to leftover congestion from my last cold. She prescribed me a nasal spray that after I really looked into it, I don't really want to expose to the baby. So yeah....how does this keep happening where I get these issues in the first trimester? And how do I get rid of the fluid naturally? :(

GranolaMamaOf3 January 31st, 2013 02:10 PM

Re: O/T: I'm so frustrated

No Idea how to get rid of the fluid, but maybe you just need to focus on anti inflammatory and killing any infection? Did this follow a cold, or allergies?

Check this out for some homeopathic remedies - Action Hero Moms Treat Ear Infections Naturally

I have a friend who was just talking about dealing with an ear ache in her and her daughter. She used a few drops each, fresh lemon juice and garlic-olive oil; warm the oil and add fresh cloves of garlic. let sit for about 20 minutes. Strain and use. You can store in the refrigerator, but warm it (not in a microwave!) before using because the cold will hurt. I've used the oil before, but never paired with the lemon juice. She said it really helped! I don't see how it could hurt. Also be taking probiotics.

:dothug: Our bodies are going through so much while pregnant, it's no wonder the immune system would be weakened, especially this time of year.

Husher February 1st, 2013 10:42 AM

Thanks, Heather! I had a cold a few weeks ago, but it was a rather weak one and I didn't even feel much tireder than I already do. But I've had two or three since the beginning of December, so maybe it's just my body can't keep up and get rid of all that on it's own with so many colds back to back. I feel fine other than the ear ringing. I just don't want to have to take an antibiotic again and I am definitely not interested in using the nasal spray the doctor prescribed. I have slept with a humidifier beside my bed for the past two nights and started using a neti pot last night in the hopes of loosening the congestion up. I've been sneezing a lot today, so maybe it's helping. *fingers crossed*

andi2284 February 2nd, 2013 05:52 PM

I've heard good things about the garlic oil in an ear during an ear infection. Also, eating raw garlic is a great way to fight an infection naturally. I made fresh salsa and bruschetta so I didn't have to actually chew or swallow cloves of garlic.

raniaviv February 5th, 2013 06:24 AM

wow... has your partner been checked?