JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   do your friends think you are crazy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2624352-do-your-friends-think-you-crazy.html)

lindsaylyn February 11th, 2013 10:40 AM

do your friends think you are crazy?

For wanting a natural birth?

lindsaylyn February 11th, 2013 11:31 AM

Re: do your friends think you are crazy?

most of mine do

Pretty Crispy February 11th, 2013 12:40 PM

Friends and family all think I'm insane for wanting a natural home birth. They also think its absolutely disgusting and have it in their heads that my house will apparently be covered in blood. Oy!

cheezpoofs February 11th, 2013 12:55 PM

I'm sure many do, yes. My family understands it less, though no one outright says, "You're crazy." I would think that most know better. :p

Kelllilee February 11th, 2013 01:14 PM

Not really, but then 90% of my friends have also had natural births... my family is used to it by now, though still think homebirth Is nuts.

jhmomofmany February 11th, 2013 01:24 PM

When I mention homebirth people say "wow, you're brave". In that context, brave is a code word for crazy. ;)

GranolaMamaOf3 February 11th, 2013 01:44 PM

A few of my "friends" (more like acquaintances) think I'm crazy and openly say so, but most of my true friends understand and respect it as my choice, even if they would choose a different path for themselves. It helps that both my mom and MIL have had all natural births, and my sisters have had home-births. I'm pretty blessed to have so much support in this area :)

KtKuKi February 11th, 2013 05:16 PM

My family doesn't think its crazy at all. My mom had 5 natural births, and 4 homebirths, and my sisters had 3 natural births between them. My MIL however, thinks it it crazy, unsafe and stupid to have a natural/homebirth...which is EXACTLY why she's not allowed at the birth! Most of my friends think its "cool", but I"m sure they secretly think I'm crazy:)

therevslady February 11th, 2013 08:03 PM

I have a large bunch of birthy friends who all had natural births. But there is also a large amount of people in my life who just don't get it.

daneeleigh February 11th, 2013 08:54 PM

I told no one till after really because when I told my best friend she gave me the 'crazy' reaction. Now when I tell people look at me crazy. I almost feel like an outsider and that people think I did it for a medal or something. If that was the case then I wouldn't be planning a NCB with all my rest. I really only talk about it to people who seem interested in doing it.

NinjaCakes February 12th, 2013 08:21 AM

Absolutely! And almost none of them know I wanted a home birth. They just call me crazy for wanting a natural one and constantly assure me that I really don't and I won't be able to do it. But screw them, we know what the right way is :)