JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Has anyone tried Hypnobirthing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2629886-has-anyone-tried-hypnobirthing.html)

JaneR February 27th, 2013 07:11 AM

Has anyone tried Hypnobirthing?

I am having a baby in August and interested in the techniques described by the Hypnobirthing Association. Has anyone used them?

GranolaMamaOf3 February 27th, 2013 07:21 AM

Re: Has anyone tried Hypnobirthing?

Welcome to JM and the NCB board! I'm Heather, mama of 2 little boys and a baby due in July, and co-host of this board. Feel free to introduce yourself and jump right in! :)

I have not used HB but I know several ladies in here have used HypnoBabies and really liked it! Hopefully they can help you out :)

therevslady February 27th, 2013 07:59 AM

Hey! Welcome!

I used Hypnobabies during pregnancy, but not necessarily for my births. I use it with my clients often and find it's wonderful in helping you gain a positive view of birth and the process. The only downfall I have found is it doesn't adequately prepare each mom for all possible intuitive behaviors during labor and birth and sometimes moms are disappointed because they acted differently than they expected they might. But for the most part, I think it's a great method and a great educational foundation!

MissusF February 27th, 2013 10:34 PM

I used Hypnobabies and loved it. I had such a calm and comfortable birthing experience thanks to my HB class. I would highly recommend it.

MyFantasticFour February 28th, 2013 09:34 AM

I did Hypnobirthing and I absolutely loved it! I ended up having a three hour, beautiful natural delivery!

daneeleigh February 28th, 2013 12:46 PM

I'm looking into it for this pregnancy just to hopefully relax better during labor. I had a huge problem with just relaxing and letting go last time so I'm thinking about it.

alittlelost February 28th, 2013 01:11 PM

I used hynobabies and loved it :)

MrsHoot February 28th, 2013 02:25 PM

Can anyone elaborate more about it? What does the program entail? I imagine meditating or being hypnotized. I'm not sure if its totally my personality, but am interested in the concept!

Laurenj915 February 28th, 2013 04:46 PM

I used hyponobabies and it worked really well.

It is a series of cds and you are on a schedule. You listen to a certain CD every day or so. I think I started two or three months before my due date. I am not a hypnosis person and I feel asleep at least half the time while listening to the CDs but it still worked.

Some of the things they put in your head that really worked for me and "tricked" my mind were... That every hour that goes by when you are in labor will feel like 5 minutes and that you only feel intense pressure. I also liked this little safe bubble that you could go to.

There is so much about it that I don't remember but I will be using it again. I did not feel one single contraction until I was completely dialated and pushing. My midwife kept telling me I was having contractions but I kept telling her I was not. I felt totally normal until I actaully started pushing.