JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   March Mommy Watch... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2631284-march-mommy-watch.html)

therevslady March 3rd, 2013 03:14 PM

March Mommy Watch...

Mama's who are due this month- check in with us here and let's hear some updates! Share your last belly shots and let us know when the little one gets here!

KtKuKi March 3rd, 2013 08:20 PM

Re: March Mommy Watch...

I'm here. Due Saturday, not that I think I'll be having him then, but I am hoping for sometime in the 40th week. Although I've accepted it could be 42 weeks. Now if I get to 42 weeks, and still no baby, I might be crying! DD was born at 41+1 so hopefully this little guy will be the same or earlier.

I will definitely be sharing my birth story here, as long as all goes as planned. I was so sad when I couldn't share DD's story here. I don't have a belly pic, but I want to take one this week, so if I remember I'll come back and post it. I just saw a friend who is 28 weeks pregnant, and she has a bigger belly than me! My midwife said I just hold him in or something!

GranolaMamaOf3 March 4th, 2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KtKuKi (Post 27157994)
I'm here. Due Saturday, not that I think I'll be having him then, but I am hoping for sometime in the 40th week. Although I've accepted it could be 42 weeks. Now if I get to 42 weeks, and still no baby, I might be crying! DD was born at 41+1 so hopefully this little guy will be the same or earlier.

I will definitely be sharing my birth story here, as long as all goes as planned. I was so sad when I couldn't share DD's story here. I don't have a belly pic, but I want to take one this week, so if I remember I'll come back and post it. I just saw a friend who is 28 weeks pregnant, and she has a bigger belly than me! My midwife said I just hold him in or something!

It sounds like you have a great birth team and plan in place, so I have full confidence you will succeed at your goal of a NCB! But even if you don't, please come back and share your birth story! Every birth is worth celebrating, even when they don't go as planned ;) I'm excited for you!!

therevslady March 4th, 2013 07:15 AM

Yay! Can't wait to hear the news! I'd love to hear your birth story even if things turn out differently than you plan ;)

ashj_1218 March 4th, 2013 11:44 AM

I love birth stories...whether they go as planned or totally different. Sometimes I even enjoy the triumphs of "less than perfect" births more than the simple beauty of a birth that goes exactly as planned.

But I will think good thoughts for yours to go just how you want it to :) And that he doesn't wait until last 42 weeks. Only for your sanity. Lol.

Pinkapple March 5th, 2013 12:56 PM

I'm due in 17 days! Which feels unbelievable. I'm feeling all kinds of emotions. I was feeling very nervous about labor and birth, mostly because I've never experienced it before...but, I decided to have my cervix checked yesterday at my 37 week appointment (due to spotting), and it turns out I'm already 3cm and 50% effaced! I feel very confident in my birthing abilities now, although I'm aware I could stay at 3cm for quite some time. I won't say it's the only reason it happened, but I will say that EPO definitely helped out!

GranolaMamaOf3 March 5th, 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkapple (Post 27164620)
I'm due in 17 days! Which feels unbelievable. I'm feeling all kinds of emotions. I was feeling very nervous about labor and birth, mostly because I've never experienced it before...but, I decided to have my cervix checked yesterday at my 37 week appointment (due to spotting), and it turns out I'm already 3cm and 50% effaced! I feel very confident in my birthing abilities now, although I'm aware I could stay at 3cm for quite some time. I won't say it's the only reason it happened, but I will say that EPO definitely helped out!

It's always reasurring to have proof that your body knows what it's doing! :)

KtKuKi March 5th, 2013 08:55 PM

3 cm is great! I keep telling myself that every uncomfortable contraction I've been having is hopefully dilating me just a tiny bit more so that hopefully when labor really hits I'll be at 4 or 5cm! Wishful thinking maybe, but we'll see:)