JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Getting To Know You.. (3/4) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2631456-getting-to-know-you-3-4-a.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 March 4th, 2013 07:35 AM

Getting To Know You.. (3/4)

This board obviously focuses primarily on topics surrounding natural birth, but I thought it might be fun to learn a little more about each other, beyond our birthing preferences, as the beautiful unique women we are :)

So the "GTKY" question of the day is..

If there were no limitations or obligations, What would be your dream job?

therevslady March 4th, 2013 08:15 AM

Re: Getting To Know You.. (3/4)

So far my jobs have surpassed my dreams. Growing up, I always wanted to be an archaeologist. So I went to school and became an archaeologist. Motherhood changed things for me and I started doula work, and now I am on a path to my new dream as a midwife!

ashj_1218 March 4th, 2013 11:41 AM

Hmmm...if I didn't suck at public speaking, I would say I wanted to go around the country and speak to middle/high schoolers about eating disorders and their effects. I would also like to host parental seminars for warning signs and what steps to take from there.

But, alas, I suck at public speaking. Lol. I actually quite enjoy what I do, which is drug counseling and I previously worked with pregnant addicts. Which was really rewarding. It's something that I think I want to go back to.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a NICU nurse. Hahahahaha...I would be an AWFUL nurse. And probably even worse in the NICU. I have a good friend who is one and she is amazing at it. But it is totally not for me ;)

Laurenj915 March 4th, 2013 11:45 AM

Well, stay at home mom (which is my job) but if we are talking paid job...
Working in a school office. The same schedule as a teacher but none of the paperwork. I will probably do that rather then go back to teaching when my kids start school.

NinjaCakes March 4th, 2013 12:17 PM

Child psychologist (working on it)

jhmomofmany March 4th, 2013 12:39 PM

Is being independently wealthy an occupation? ;)

I just quit working and I am so VERY thankful to be back home, I can't honestly think of a single job I would want to do.

Pretty Crispy March 4th, 2013 01:28 PM

Honestly being a SAHM has always been my dream. I'd love to have a small daycare as well and maybe be a doula here and there. My midwife is trying to talk me into midwifery school because she is in awe of how much I know and how in tune with my body I am. I don't think it's something I want to do while having small children though, and since we are just starting our family it would be awhile before that happened.

Counting our Blessings March 4th, 2013 01:40 PM

Honestly, I'm doing it :smile:

I'm a stay at home homeschooling Mama to a large family. We are expecting number 10 in about 8-9 weeks. My hubby started his own business and I help him with billing and paperwork in the evenings.

But this is honestly what I always wanted to do, I am Blessed :smile:

Kelllilee March 4th, 2013 07:08 PM

L&D nurse/Lactation consultant. Working on both now :)

Pinkapple March 5th, 2013 12:51 PM

Hmm...I can't say I've ever really held a job that I would say was a "dream", although strangely enough I really enjoy secretary work, and being a personal assistant was very fun.

Still, if I had a dream job I would want to do something that would allow me my own freedoms. I would love to be in control of how and when I work. I've strongly considered becoming a doula and would love to look into that after the baby is born.

GranolaMamaOf3 March 5th, 2013 07:42 PM

I have known since I was 8 years old that my calling was midwifery. It's still my dream/goal, but I'm waiting to be out of the baby/breastfeeding stage of life before pursuing it ;)

MyFantasticFour March 7th, 2013 07:29 AM

Midwife! Based on time and a slight fear, I have chosen (for now!) not to do it. I may still decide to at some point though..

daneeleigh March 7th, 2013 10:56 PM

I'm slowly and steadily working on my dream of being a Midwife. I'm working on my BSN right now before moving on to CNM.

My dream job was to be a translator or Ambassador...... Yea lol. I got to experience some really awesome things while in the Navy and I absolutely loved my job. It was a one in a million type of work that few get to do. I left everyday feeling like I had made a difference which is why my future jobs have to make me feel the same. I can't imagine working the rest of my life not feeling that.

Purrrrrrr March 8th, 2013 07:26 AM

Travel journalist for a destination or vacation magazine.

NinjaCakes March 8th, 2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr (Post 27175202)
Travel journalist for a destination or vacation magazine.

How epic would that be? :)

keekopeeko March 13th, 2013 12:52 PM

If it wasn't for lack of motivation.. And not really feeling like I would have support., and not really wanting to challenge myself... ;)... I'd love to be a midwife.. Or work at a birth center as a nurse or something extra.. I dunno..

crunchywannabe March 13th, 2013 02:16 PM

I would like to work for the Ellen show! Specifically I'd like to do what Jeannie does and give away money and gifts to deserving families!

Social Halfwit March 16th, 2013 01:26 PM

I want to be a doula and lactation consultant. I loooove labor and delivery, I love breastfeeding, and I love empowering women to own their labor experience, where ever or how ever they do it!