JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   I should probably give it up.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2636993-i-should-probably-give-up.html)

keekopeeko March 22nd, 2013 10:11 AM

I should probably give it up....

But I can't help myself. I love watching the baby shows on TLC... But I for sure spend the majority of the show yelling at the TV :)

Husher March 24th, 2013 10:37 AM

Re: I should probably give it up....

Haha! I'm glad I don't have cable. I'd probably be yelling at my tv too. :)

alittlelost March 24th, 2013 11:26 AM

I wish they had a natural birth version of the show. It's such a fun show to watch minus the times I'm like GRRRR WHAT?!?!?!!!!

Counting our Blessings March 25th, 2013 01:20 PM

I've never seen it. I guess I feel like I've "enjoyed" it enough ;)

therevslady March 25th, 2013 06:37 PM

It's been years since I've had cable. I would be the same way though. I hate those shows, but it's like watching a train crash, I can't help myself. I'm glad I don't have the temptation to waist my energy!

daneeleigh March 26th, 2013 02:16 PM

We're having this discussion in my DDC and no one sees the real side of it. I like watching them to see if I can finally catch a natural birth. So freaking annoying to watch the unnecessary steps of intervention that pile on. And you can call it a mile away. I've gotten to where I can predict what's going to happen to the mother during labor. Sad.

keekopeeko March 26th, 2013 03:30 PM

I watched 3 this morning.. One got her natural labor and delivery.. Her water broke as she was pushing,, pretty cool... Second one wanted natural but got to the hospital in labor but found out baby was breech so was delivered via csection... Third one i watched the woman was full out "get me an epidural!" But her labor was moving too fast and the epidural people were in the OR already.. And she ended up with an UNWANTED natural delivery! And I thought it might change her mind but it didn't ..she said she wanted an epi with her next baby still...

Crazy.. Those were three I'd never seen before and I actually really enjoyed all of them!

AnnaBonana March 27th, 2013 02:09 AM

Hmmm... Can you watch them on Netfilx or the website?

Genipher March 27th, 2013 02:15 PM

I think I've seen a few homebirths on that show, but it was quite a few years ago.

The few times I've seen the show (at my mom's because we don't have a t.v.) I end up wanting to yell at the t.v., too. And then afterwards I have to rant at everyone about how, "If they'd only done this..." or "Why'd they do that when it leads to this other thing?"

Earthy.Mama April 2nd, 2013 12:10 PM

I always watch these shows when pregnant. They irritate me, but some shows are good. Also, some of the episodes will bring up stuff that I forgot to research/brush up on LOL!