JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   NCB & lifestyle (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2637831-ncb-and-lifestyle.html)

therevslady March 25th, 2013 06:42 PM

NCB & lifestyle

How has choosing a NCB affected other aspects of your life? Has it affected the way you do anything else, your perspective towards anything else? Some people describe it as a gateway drug into the "attachment parenting" scene or the hipster crunchy lifestyle: do you feel it worked that way for you?

Kelllilee March 25th, 2013 06:51 PM

Re: NCB & lifestyle

I definitely think it was a "gateway drug" for me LOL. It lead me into a lot of natural parenting things.

crunchywannabe March 25th, 2013 07:05 PM

For me it was my lifestyle that has lead me to wanting a NCB.

I am trying to lead a more natural, non toxic life since moving just over a year ago. We live rurally and want to be more self sufficient. And of course just avoid unnecessary chemicals, drugs, and 'yuckies' (yeah, that's the technical term) and so that includes having as natural a birth as possible.

ashj_1218 March 26th, 2013 11:14 AM

Mine was a gateway drug too ;) It led me to be interested in Babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, and other AP practices. It wasn't something I think I knew about my "parenting style" before I had kids of my own. But I am glad it worked out that way!

Counting our Blessings March 26th, 2013 01:53 PM

I guess I just assumed I would :smile: We raise our own veggies, can a ton, homeschool, have lots of babies....so it just kind of fit in.

daneeleigh March 26th, 2013 02:18 PM

It led me to a more natural life. I don't consider myself crunchy really although I'd love to be. My hubby is just not that way so it's hard fighting that battle lol. I try to do stuff as natural as possible but with our lifestyle it's hard.

I do cloth diaper and breast feed my babies which I think this helped with. I'm hoping to be more of an AP with the next one but we will never be completely AP.

Earthy.Mama April 2nd, 2013 12:15 PM

It's just who I am. I'm Pagan, very spiritual.... I am very natural with everything I do. When I make decisions I guess I think back to 100s of years ago and think of how they lived... birthed at home, nursed their children, (and even further back, coslept in caves for safety and warmth), grew their own food etc... Today we have all these labels "attachment parenting" "eco-friendly" "homebirthing" "holistic health" when to me, it's just a normal and natural way of life.

It just is what it is.