JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Pain (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2638934-pain.html)

rebecca0217 March 29th, 2013 12:06 PM

Pain

What was the most painful part of NCB? was it transition or pushing? Still not 100% about going natural but I'd like more info from some experienced ladies!!

alittlelost March 29th, 2013 04:43 PM

Re: Pain

for me it was pushing, but the pushing phase was much shorter.

I've had both natural and drugged births and to me, there is no comparison. I didn't have to think twice about what I wanted to do this time--natural all the way!

4 boys March 29th, 2013 08:42 PM

I would say transition, but mostly because you have something to DO and focus on during pushing. I think that makes it seem less painful.

keekopeeko March 29th, 2013 09:11 PM

Yeh for ME with my first baby it was from about 8-10 cm.. Pushing itself didnt hurt.. Crowning and the ring of fire hurt but it was motivating because I knew I was almost done.. So I'd say it was just getting to 10 the first time..

With my second and third it was those first 6 cm.. Then I just flew through the rest of it..

Counting our Blessings April 1st, 2013 12:08 PM

Pushing. Not that transition is fun, hehe, but pushing for me is the toughest part. My last one was 9 lbs 14 oz with massive shoulders that got stuck.....so that made it worse. I am 35 weeks along with number 10 and am hoping for a smaller one this time around :p

Husher April 1st, 2013 04:02 PM

With my first son, I'd say transition and pushing were equally difficult, but I was on pitocin, which made contractions stronger than they would have been naturally. With my second, I'd say transition was the more intense part, but at no point do I remember feeling pain at all. It was just intense, but in a good way, with purpose. :)

rebecca0217 April 2nd, 2013 11:45 AM

I had epi's with most of mine, except for #2- I had an intrathecal and I thought I was feeling more of the pushing part. I usually get to 3 or 4 cm before things get too painful (which means we don't wait around too long at home) but I do know that once they get the epi going things slow way down. I still have a long ways to go... but I am putting a lot of thought into it and discussing it with my midwives so they know what I am thinking.

Earthy.Mama April 2nd, 2013 01:08 PM

Pushing, even though it was extremely short, it was definitely the most intense. It was only painful for a few seconds though.

therevslady April 2nd, 2013 02:53 PM

My labors aren't that bad. I don't love pushing, but it's totally do-able. For me, it's always the day after, lol. I don't mind taking some meds for that though, lol.

MissusF April 7th, 2013 12:00 AM

Transition was pretty brutal. Up until that point labor was uncomfortable but certainly manageable. Pushing and delivering her was actually pretty painless. I was scared of the ring of fire but I never felt it.

GranolaMamaOf3 April 7th, 2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 boys (Post 27242524)
I would say transition, but mostly because you have something to DO and focus on during pushing. I think that makes it seem less painful.

Ditto. Add to that the fact that pushing is usually a much shorter phase. IMO Trasition is definetly the hardest part of labor. The thing is, you dont really know youre in transition, you just feel worn out and reasy to be done!