JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Call The Midwife (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2644691-call-midwife.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 April 20th, 2013 03:47 PM

Call The Midwife

Any fans?

So I was not even aware that they were making a second season until I saw a friend post about it on FB a few weeks ago. I was SO excited! You can watch them all as they come out on PBS.org. I'm rather addicted :p

alittlelost April 20th, 2013 04:17 PM

Re: Call The Midwife

I never heard of this show!

oh no, I'll be addicted, I'm sure. Won't be much work done over the next week lol

therevslady April 20th, 2013 05:16 PM

I LOVE that show. I watched both seasons online (illegal:sneak: website)

GranolaMamaOf3 April 20th, 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlelost (Post 27301990)
I never heard of this show!

oh no, I'll be addicted, I'm sure. Won't be much work done over the next week lol

LOL! I highly recommend starting with season 1! :D

Counting our Blessings April 21st, 2013 10:55 AM

I've never heard of it. I get a little nervous this close to birth, so I probably wouldn't watch it until afterward anyway. But I've never seen any birth shows, I feel like I've done enough personally :p

Kelllilee April 21st, 2013 11:05 AM

I watched the first season on netflix a couple weeks ago (like all in one day LOL). LOVED it! I was so bummed there was such a small number of episodes.

GranolaMamaOf3 April 21st, 2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Counting our Blessings (Post 27303185)
I've never heard of it. I get a little nervous this close to birth, so I probably wouldn't watch it until afterward anyway. But I've never seen any birth shows, I feel like I've done enough personally :p

LOL! I love this show because, well - I'm a birth junkie :p, but also - it's nothing like "a baby story". It's a BBC drama set in London in the 1950's. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelllilee (Post 27303205)
I watched the first season on netflix a couple weeks ago (like all in one day LOL). LOVED it! I was so bummed there was such a small number of episodes.

Me too! I watched them all while on bedrest early in this pregnancy and I felt like it was such a tease! That's why I got so excited when I discovered the second season!

keekopeeko April 22nd, 2013 10:06 AM

Huge fan!!

daneeleigh April 22nd, 2013 12:32 PM

I watch it every Sunday that it's on. I love the show and I love how it shows the norms of the 50's versus now.