JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Lets be honest.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2647366-lets-honest.html)

keekopeeko May 1st, 2013 09:09 AM

Lets be honest..

I know this is t really about natural birth.. But I feel like I'll get honest answers here.. ;)

What's the earliest you believe people really feel movement from their babies??

4 boys May 1st, 2013 12:40 PM

Re: Lets be honest..

I felt my 4th at 13 weeks and that was a lot sooner than any of the others. For a week I thought I was crazy but it just kept happening and getting stronger, so I couldn't really deny it. I have heard other women say 12 weeks but I would doubt any sooner than that.

If I hadn't experienced it so early, I would be inclined to think anyone who said they felt their baby before 15 weeks was crazy. :lol:

NinjaCakes May 1st, 2013 05:33 PM

I guess I've heard as early as 10/11, but then I don't generally ask. I've only heard times here on JM. I have to wonder how many early movements are actually gas or something.

I think for me it was 12ish weeks, but that was one little bump that was hardly recognizable. Had it not been where it was I don't think I would have known it from Bob. Given all the things that seem to be able to block/"muffle" fetal movements it surprises me that they can be felt so early from such tiny humans.

jhmomofmany May 1st, 2013 06:04 PM

I know for certain I have never felt movement before 15 weeks. During my previous pregnancy I swore I felt a "bump" at about 12 weeks, but that was only like two days before we found out the baby had stopped developing at six weeks; obviously what I "recognized" as first movement was something else.

KtKuKi May 1st, 2013 09:20 PM

I started feeling him around 11 or 12 weeks. I wasn't positive it was him, but then they kept getting stronger. DH felt him move on the outside a lot earlier too, like 15-16 weeks, whereas it was like 20 weeks with DD.

Heidijens1 May 1st, 2013 09:47 PM

This is my 5th baby and I have been feeling it move sense 11 weeks. I know it was the baby as I had an ultrasound and could feel the baby move during it when it was moving on the screen. I had been feeling it before then too.

therevslady May 2nd, 2013 06:09 AM

10/11 weeks at the clinic I work at quite often. The earliest I have felt is at 11 weeks.

GranolaMamaOf3 May 2nd, 2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KtKuKi (Post 27333324)
I started feeling him around 11 or 12 weeks. I wasn't positive it was him, but then they kept getting stronger. DH felt him move on the outside a lot earlier too, like 15-16 weeks, whereas it was like 20 weeks with DD.

Ditto, around 11 weeks for me this time. It's been different every time, but this time was very consistent and just got stronger until I *knew* for sure that's what I had been feeling.

ChicaChels May 6th, 2013 10:02 AM

I'm not even quite 10w and I swear I feel flutters quite frequently. Especially after I drink apple juice...I didn't feel anything with my first until 21w, and with Hunter nothing until 17-18w...but I feel this pretty much daily :unsure:

Husher May 7th, 2013 09:22 AM

I felt my this baby at 13 weeks once. Then 14 weeks once, then 15 weeks and then it was almost daily from there. But it always felt the same and I knew exactly what it was when I felt it. I think with my first it was at 17 weeks and with my second it was 15 weeks. :)

daneeleigh May 7th, 2013 05:12 PM

I felt my first around 17-18 weeks. This one was 15w but it's not consistent and I'm honestly not even sure if it's the baby this time. I can't imagine feeling something at 11w.

Pinkapple May 9th, 2013 04:20 PM

I felt one tiny kick in bed at about 16 weeks, and then I didn't feel anything more until about 26 weeks.

UrbanMomma May 9th, 2013 04:36 PM

15-16 weeks. With all eleven that has been the absolute earliest.

keekopeeko May 9th, 2013 04:50 PM

^you are awesome.. I like you .. ;)