JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   New here and planning on having another natural birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2648551-new-here-and-planning-having-another-natural-birth.html)

mommy2skyty May 6th, 2013 11:44 AM

New here and planning on having another natural birth

Hi ladies! My name is Kelly, married to my husband John for almost 7 years and we have 2 great kids who are 5 and 4 in September and we are having another little guy around the middle of August! I thought it would be a good idea to join this board since I am planning on having a natural labor!

With my daughter I planned on having a natural birth but then my water broke when I was 7cm and my contractions were soo painful I just didn't think I could do it anymore and gave in and got the epidural. My epidural was very strong and I felt no pain or even much pressure and even though I have a successful labor and birth I just felt like I didn't get to really experience the birth. I continued to be numb for long after and I also tore pretty badly because I pushed too fast so I had a rough recovery.

So when I was pregnant with my son I told myself I really wanted to try for a natural birth and well I didn't have to wait long because I got pregnant again when my daughter was 10 months old! I had another very easy pregnancy and 3 days before my due date I just knew I was in labor. With my daughter I had to have my membranes stripped to go into labor but not this time! With my son I started timing my contractions and they were getting closer and closer at a pretty fast pace! I had family over so I think I was in denial that this was really happening tonight, the night before Labor day, he he! I got my bags together and we had a 45 minute drive to the hospital! At this point they were coming 3-2 minutes apart but my water had still not broken. When I got checked in I was already 7-8 and then by the time I got to my room I was 9-10. I was in a lot of pain but I knew I would get my natural labor. I must admit I totally forgot how to breath and I was really making a lot of noise but that urge to push is the most amazing feeling in the world and there was no stopping it my baby was coming! I even had a mirror to see my baby and I remember looking and I remember not seeing my baby for the first push but then I pushed again and saw my baby's head, and then the final push I saw my baby's body coming and also my water came out at the same time! Of course I felt the ring of fire too but the minute they put my son on my chest I didn't feel any pain and just had an overwhelming feeling of joy and relief that I did it! I remember saying "oh my goodness I can't believe I just did that." So looking back I can say that having my son all natural was the most painful, yet amazing day of my life and I am soo excited to do it again! My husband thinks I am a little nuts but he just doesn't understand and plus this time I will have a midwife for support! :)

keekopeeko May 6th, 2013 01:57 PM

Re: New here and planning on having another natural birth

Love your stories.. :) congrats!! Welcome! ..and I agree.. It's amazing!! I act dramatic and make noise and complain.. But I know it'll only last for a short time comparers to how amazing the experience will be looking back.. I'm due the end of July early August with baby number 4 and am looking forward to a other natural delivery. :)

UrbanMomma May 6th, 2013 04:02 PM

Hi fellow DDC member.

Natural birth is amazing. Everyone thinks I am crazy, LOL, but I actually enjoy the labor part.

daneeleigh May 7th, 2013 05:21 PM

Lol to the noise. My husband described my noise during transition as the sound of a water buffalo. Whatever works and it did help me focus through the contraction. It was just natural. I think what you did was the best way to secure a natural birth, show up at the hospital 7-8 cm.

mommy2skyty May 7th, 2013 10:45 PM

I remember the nurse saying if you have another baby make sure to get to the hospital as soon as you feel contractions, he he! I just have a feeling this baby will come a little before my due date and really quickly!

GranolaMamaOf3 May 8th, 2013 03:25 PM

Welcome! What a great birth story! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on baby #3! My first 2 are 18 months apart, and I'm also due with my 3rd end of July! :)

mommy2skyty May 10th, 2013 11:35 AM

GranolaMama- I remember you from our closely spaced board when it was more active a year or so ago! Congrats on your little girl- you will have soo much fun with her!

NinjaCakes May 10th, 2013 05:43 PM

Welcome :)

therevslady May 11th, 2013 06:32 AM

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!