JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   My girl is here! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2651686-my-girl-here.html)

4 boys May 19th, 2013 01:37 PM

My girl is here!

After weeks of half-hearted contractions, and then lots of bloody show with no labour, I decided to take a little castor oil on Friday night. It was probably less than a tbsp. It produced some good Cx at about midnight that were 2 min apart but they didn't seem to be changing and I was tired so I just went to bed.

Got up at 5 and timed them again. Now they were definitely progressing. I woke up DH at 5:30 and we went straight to the hospital, arriving at about 5:40. By the time the put us in a room, I was in transition. By the time they got around to checking me, I was 10 cm. Within another 2 Cx I was pushing. She was born at 6:06 a.m.

It was so fast and crazy! I got through by power walking, breathing, sheer determination but probably most important, being left alone to do what I liked and not required to be in the bed or on monitors and whatnot.

It was the best and quickest of my births.

As a side note, I did not get the shot of oxytocin after birth and it has made a WORLD of difference in the amount of afterpains I've had. They've been like bad period cramps and not like the labor-all-over-again I had with my last two kids.

keekopeeko May 19th, 2013 05:55 PM

Re: My girl is here!

Wow!! Were you past due? I took castor oil with my third when I was 12 days past due and I had him that evening! But it also produced some nasty side affects first .. Sounds like you didn't have that problem!?

Congratulations!!!

4 boys May 19th, 2013 06:40 PM

I was due the 22nd so no, not quite due. I jumped the gun a little. But I also did it with my last son a couple days early, and I've never had any side effects. It seems to work well on me or something.

NinjaCakes May 20th, 2013 07:42 AM

Well welcome little one :) Good job mama.

Heidijens1 May 20th, 2013 12:10 PM

Congrats!

KASHWORTH May 20th, 2013 02:51 PM

:congrats: I tried the castor oil with DS but it didn't work.

daneeleigh May 20th, 2013 09:04 PM

Congratulations!

therevslady May 21st, 2013 12:46 AM

Congrats!

alittlelost May 21st, 2013 09:22 AM

congrats!!

GranolaMamaOf3 May 21st, 2013 12:29 PM

Wow that was fast! Good thing you lived close to the hospital :P Congratulations and happy babymoon!

Husher May 28th, 2013 08:03 AM

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!