JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   GBS prevention.. Que? .. Want to get this right :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2651946-gbs-prevention-que-want-to-get-right.html)

keekopeeko May 20th, 2013 11:11 AM

GBS prevention.. Que? .. Want to get this right :)

I want to get this right.. So I am going to order these..
Jarro-Dophilus Eps by Jarrow Formulas - Buy Jarro-Dophilus Eps 120 Veggie Caps at the Vitamin Shoppe

And take how many a day??

And then garlic? What is a good garlic pill to order?? And how much of that do I take a day??

Thanks for the help!

-em

UrbanMomma May 20th, 2013 12:39 PM

Re: GBS prevention.. Que? .. Want to get this right :)

I take a daily probiotic plus low carb yogurt.

I read somewhere that inserting raw garlic works best. Sounds pleasant huh.

keekopeeko May 20th, 2013 02:04 PM

Yeh I think I'll skip the inserting.. :).. I think it was Que that said a midwife she knows has a pill routine that's been working for her patients and I wanted to give it a go.. I really really want to just avoid all the GBS choices altogether..

UrbanMomma May 20th, 2013 07:56 PM

I do skip all the GBS crap, they threaten, whatever. I refused last go around. Of course there isn't much they can do when you walk in at a 10. LOL.

I hate the attitude that some care givers get that if you refuse some routine test you are just ignorant about it. No, I have probably read more than the MW and I do preventive measures, eat right, etc.

I have heard of the stuff you mentioned, I am interested in the specifics Que mentioned.

There is pretty much no way in he** I'd do the garlic inserting either. I actually read if you insert it vaginally you can taste it in your mouth. ***shudder****

4 boys May 20th, 2013 10:43 PM

I just found a probiotic with L. Rhamnosus in it and took one a day for a few weeks prior to my GBS test. It was negative and I've never been negative before. So I think just doing that much worked for me. I didn't do any garlic or anything else.

therevslady May 21st, 2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 boys (Post 27380789)
I just found a probiotic with L. Rhamnosus in it and took one a day for a few weeks prior to my GBS test. It was negative and I've never been negative before. So I think just doing that much worked for me. I didn't do any garlic or anything else.

This. L Rhamnosis is the ingredient to look for. Jarrow does make one with it. One a day is usually sufficient. You shouldn't have to use garlic unless you have a current outbreak.

keekopeeko May 30th, 2013 07:39 AM

Just ordered those probiotics... (I'm 32 weeks now) .. And plan on taking ACV baths a few nights in a row before my test.. And taking a garlic supplement.. This is the first time I've done anything to TRY and be negative.. I've been negative 2 out of 3 times.. So I really really hope I am again.. Obviously I'm really hoping! Haha