JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Back Labor (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2653365-back-labor.html)

daneeleigh May 24th, 2013 11:20 PM

Back Labor

Did anyone have back labor with one but not with others?

I had horrible back labor with my son and I honestly do not know what a contraction in the front feels like....... Because I was so focused on the pain in my back!! I'm just hoping this is not a precursor for my upcoming delivery. I will be doing spinning babies everyday in my third trimester to promote a good position. I did some moves while in labor and that must have shifted my son and got him unstuck. I didn't really have back labor after I did those but I went straight into transition so I was in a whole new world of pain. My goal is to just enjoy this experience a little more and actually be alert while laboring. I basically shut my mind down last time to get through it and I only remember bits and pieces.

Heidijens1 May 25th, 2013 09:31 AM

Re: Back Labor

My first three where " normal" labor pains. My 4th though he started out in the right posistion in labor and then turned in the middle of labor, It was awful and the pain was WAY worse then my other ones I couls tell when he changed positions I went from managing the pain just fine to it being almost too much.

Kelllilee May 25th, 2013 11:00 AM

My second one I had back labor, it was rough! But my other two were normal

KtKuKi May 25th, 2013 09:46 PM

I had back labor with both, but I know my second was in a better position. Does your husband doknow the hip squeeze? We learned about them in our class and honestly they almost completely took the pain away during the contractions. Maybe I was just really lucky but theyre definitely worth learning!

daneeleigh May 26th, 2013 12:34 PM

My doula did those and taught my Dh last time. Both their hands were in bad shape by then end of it. The tennis balls weren't enough pressure. I had to have them shoving their fists into my back to counter pressure.

This gives me hope that maybe it'll be different.

GranolaMamaOf3 May 27th, 2013 08:07 AM

I have never had back labor (fingers crossed I never do..:sneak:), but I think you are off to a great start with spinning babies! Good luck!!

ladyluck87 May 30th, 2013 06:57 AM

I had back labor with my first and normal labor with my second! I was scared to death I'd have back labor again the second time, but thank God I did not!

keekopeeko May 30th, 2013 07:20 AM

I've not had back labor (knock on wood!) and my son was sunny side up and they kept asking me if I was getting back labor but I wasn't..