JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Getting to know you... 6/23 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2660778-getting-to-know-you-6-23-a.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 June 23rd, 2013 09:52 AM

Getting to know you... 6/23

What is your favorite type of food?

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant?

Do you enjoy cooking or baking?

NinjaCakes June 23rd, 2013 10:38 AM

Re: Getting to know you... 6/23

My favorite would have to be fruits. I love cooking, but mostly sweets. The only odd craving I've had has been pink lemonade.

ChicaChels June 23rd, 2013 10:23 PM

What is your favorite type of food? Chinese...either sesame chicken or mongolian beef with no veggies (i love veggies, i just hate onions and green onions)

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? this pregnancy ive wanted pineapple dipped in cool whip and super cold super icy water....the other two...with brylie i craved steak and green beans (I dont love red meat) and with hunter i craved lemon anything - i burnt a lemon candle nonstop, i dusted with lemon pledge like 5x a day...anything lemon i had to be around it constnatly

Do you enjoy cooking or baking? i love doing both, but i hate the clean up

crunchywannabe June 24th, 2013 03:33 AM

What is your favorite type of food? I love most food ;) Just about any variety of pasta tops my faves list

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant?lots and lots of spinach. I ate it on/in everything, not sure why because my iron levels were excellent until after I had my boy, not sure what my body was missing

Do you enjoy cooking or baking?I enjoy eating, so it's a necessary evil.

GranolaMamaOf3 June 24th, 2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27471363)
Do you enjoy cooking or baking? i love doing both, but i hate the clean up

Me too... ;)

GranolaMamaOf3 June 24th, 2013 09:56 AM

Favorite type of food is probably Italian. My favorite two restaurants are Carrabba's and Olive Garden. YUM! But Mexican is a close second (queso and guacamole.. Mmm!)

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? Not typically, but this time for the forst 20 weeks I LOVED anything vinegary! Pickles and banana peppers and jalapenos, and vinaigrette dressings, and cold subs with all of the above... I dont eat lunch meat when I'm not pregnant, and all of a sudden, when I'm *not* supposed to be eating it, it's all I wanted!

I used to *really* enjoy cooking and especially baking, and I still do for the most part, but I find it more of a chore these days. It just takes so much time and energy, and then the cleanup... ;)

ashj_1218 June 24th, 2013 12:20 PM

What is your favorite type of food? I am an all-American girl. I don't really eat other foods like Mexican or Italian (I am not a huge cheese fan, which are plentiful in those dishes) or Japanese, etc. Give me steak, hamburgers, watermelon, green salad, and BBQ chicken any day of the week. I like mostly fresh fruits and meats.

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? Not really. I was really obsessed with milk in Jos pregnancy. In fact, I was very sad when I realized it tasted dull once I gave birth. It was so delicious while I was preggo. I don't remember anything specific with either of the boys.

Do you enjoy cooking or baking? HATE it. All of it. DH does the cooking in this house.

daneeleigh June 24th, 2013 03:33 PM

What is your favorite type of food? FOOD lol. Honestly I couldn't choose, I love all types.

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? Not really strange. I've craved more sweets this time than my first.

Do you enjoy cooking or baking? Yes, I too hate cleaning though.

Counting our Blessings June 24th, 2013 04:32 PM

With DD1, it was chocolate cake batter that I craved. I'm lucky I only gained 25 lbs :smile:

Pinkapple June 25th, 2013 01:55 PM

What is your favorite type of food?

I'm such a foodie, I can't barely ever pick a favorite. Mexican food is my ultimate favorite, but I have a strange love for broccoli that I can't explain. I eat it at least once a day, usually more, and have since I was 3. I feel the same way about potatoes of any kind.

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant?

I actually don't think I had many "strange" cravings while pregnant. I ate a lot differently, usually by the truck loads (okay, maybe that's a little exaggeration...) but I would eat things like...PBJ smeared with Nutella. Or chocolate PB2 with crushed chocolate bunny cookies (Annie's) frozen with coconut. mmm. My biggest problem was that I craved sweets, and immediately after I NEEDED something salty to counter it.

hence why I am now 50 pounds heavier than I was a year ago.

Do you enjoy cooking or baking?

It's my life. I hate to sound full of myself, but when it comes to cooking and baking I am self-proclaimed master of the art. ;} It is my lifelong dream to open a restuarant/bakery just like the one I first worked in at 15.

GranolaMamaOf3 June 25th, 2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashj_1218 (Post 27472947)
What is your favorite type of food? I am an all-American girl. I don't really eat other foods like Mexican or Italian (I am not a huge cheese fan, which are plentiful in those dishes) or Japanese, etc. Give me steak, hamburgers, watermelon, green salad, and BBQ chicken any day of the week. I like mostly fresh fruits and meats.

Oh man, I LOVE a good burger or steak! I could eat burgers daily! At least! :P Any time I'm sick, they are the first thing I crave when better. No joke. My mom used to know I was on the mend when I would request one.

Social Halfwit June 26th, 2013 09:40 AM

What is your favorite type of food? Chinese food, with Italian close behind.

Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? I actually crave strange things when I'm not pregnant. Bologna-wrapped marshmallow, lays potato chips dipped in Cool Whip, apples with brown mustard, cheddar dipped in chocolate sauce. When I was pregnant, I mostly craved chocolate ice cream and Chipotle burritos.

Do you enjoy cooking or baking? Sometimes. I don't like the cleanup afterwards.

Pinkapple June 26th, 2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Halfwit (Post 27478222)
Do you get strange cravings while pregnant? I actually crave strange things when I'm not pregnant. Bologna-wrapped marshmallow, lays potato chips dipped in Cool Whip, apples with brown mustard, cheddar dipped in chocolate sauce. When I was pregnant, I mostly craved chocolate ice cream and Chipotle burritos.

Alas, I have found another who enjoys apples and mustard. <3 I thought I was alone. Yellow apples and yellow mustard tastes very similar to caramel. My favorite snack.

KtKuKi June 26th, 2013 08:33 PM

I pretty much love any food that is unhealthy. My dad does make some FANTASTIC homemade toasted ravioli that are pretty high on my list.

I craved sweets when I was pregnant, but then they never tasted good once I ate them.

I love baking sweets and bringing them into work. Lately I've been on a huge cupcake kick. I made strawberry shortcake cupcakes, blackberry cupcakes, and a hostess cupcake style one. I love making them, then letting other people eat them, b/c DH doesn't like sweets, so I'd end up having them all.